Fertilizer spray feeder jars question

I'm referring to those jars that attach to the hose, and that you put x number of spoons of granular fertile in that dissolves in the water and gets fed to the plants during normal watering.
Do these things work well for fertilizing trees and shrubs? Does the fertilizer get dispersed evenly, or does most come out early? Any particular issues associated with using these?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
Kurt Gavin wrote:

I've used the Miracle Gro hose end dispenser jars for many years. It's a very effective way to get nutrients into the soil quickly. Spraying the foliage works well as well, as most plants will absorb the nutrients thru their leaves, a particularly helpful thing on fresh transplants which may not have a good enough root system to get everything they need from the soil.
I grew tired of having to refill the jar so frequently, and recently invested in a hose bib end fertilizer dispenser made by EZ-Flo. It is WAY more convenient than the little jar. Available online from many different places. You can see them here:
http://www.ezfloinjection.com/1-6.asp
I also bought some 25 lb bags of Peter's Pro water soluble fertilizer, available in many formulations, for a price dramatically less than buying the 5 or 10 lb boxes of Miracle Grow. My gardens & shrubs seem to be thriving more so now than last year.
I ended up buying all the stuff from A.M.Leonard, and they were having a sale at the time. Now the 20-10-20 and 20-20-20 ferts have gone up in price from the $19.95 I paid in April
http://www.amleo.com/index/help-desk/subcat.cgi?Cat í&page=6
Add pictures here
✖
newsreader wrote:

things usually go down in price just after I buy them. some people just follow me around waiting for me to buy something so they can get a good deal on theirs <g>

Add pictures here
✖
Jim Ledford wrote:

Typically true for me as well. After posting the reply above, I went to AM Leonards site again for some other things, and saw quite a number of items now on sale, for which I paid full price last time. Se la ve (?)
Add pictures here
✖
newsreader wrote:

just after I got me a DR® chipper and paid $295.00 shipping, DR ran a special with free shipping. when I bought mine I signed up on their email list and that's how I found that one out. at least the chipper works really well.
Add pictures here
✖