Does anyone here have a JD 330 diesel?

I recently picked up an '86 model, and looking around under the hood, I found the filler for the hydrostatic, and it looks as though the cap may have had a dip stick. There is a round hole in the middle of the cap. If that is not the case, how do you determine the level. I'm willing to buy a new cap to get the dip stick, but if I had the dimensions, (overall length, height of full mark) I could easily make one.

Nope - but we have a New Holland TN75 (75 hp diesel) - but probably different since ours is an '04.