clover

is clover easily treatable? what do I use to kill it off.....thx
any broad left killer will work.

Peter Pan wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:30:04 -0400, newb wrote:

Clover has lots of little hairs and a waxy coating. Best results require a surfactant to help the heribcide to break through the clover's defences.

on 6/25/2007 12:26 PM timothy said the following:

I use a small amount of dishwashing (not dishwasher) detergent in my spray to help stick to clover,
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Keith Corwell said:

It has nothing to do with the type of weed. It acts as a surfactant.
--

Eggs

- If I went 'round, saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

let's say for fun that none of us actually know the purpose of a surfactant is to cause the active ingredient of the herbicide to stick longer on the surface of the foliage of the undesirable plant. so, we'll look the word up in the dictionary.
surfactant :a surface-active substance (as a detergent)
detergent :that cleanses : cleansing
so, the undesirable plant dies a clean death?
<g>
Jim said:

*groan*
--

Eggs

-Buy one for the price of two and get the second one free!

I wish I was as smart as Eggs

Be very carefull in making wishes.

Thanks How much soap in 25 gallon tank ?
Keith Corwell wrote:

add the soap last. be sure an add the soap last.
about six or eight drops is sufficient.
make sure your return mix line is submerged just under the surface of the water in the tank. doing this will minimize the foaming problem created when most say to themselves eight drops ain't enough to do squat.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:34:19 -0600, news wrote:

Good day, You will want to use a product such as Weed-B-Gon to remove clover. This will kill off the clover, but you should use a surfactant (sticker-spreader) for best results.
Clover is a symptom of a bigger problem. Clover does very well in poor, hard soil. Clover obtains it's nitrogen from the air... not the soil. It's telling you that your soil lacks nitrogen.
A plan of attack should include correcting the soil issues or the clover will be back. Fertilizing 2 or 3 times a season combined with a higher mowing hight(2.5-3 inches) will do wonders for your lawn.
Good luck, Timothy