cleaning siding

What can we use to clean white aluminum and vinyl siding? We have both. The spider poop is really hard to get off. Don't want to use something that will damage the siding. We tried the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers and that took most off, but it's like the siding is stained now. TIA Carolyn
Henry & Carolyn said:

A gas-powered, powerwasher.
--
Eggs

-I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through...
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That helps as long as you're careful with it.. but you'll still need a good detergent first/with.
we've used the power washer, doesn't get it off

[Top-posting fixed]
Henry & Carolyn said:

With some sort of detergent, or bleach, even?
--
Eggs

-Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Simple green works fairly well for cleaning most anything for me. You'll have to experiment for the mixture strength, so try it on a hidden area first if you can. (read the label) Don't leave it on to long either.
Steveo said:

Ya... that's good stuff!
--
Eggs

-A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:34 -0400, "Henry & Carolyn"

Go to Ace Hardware and buy a gallon of Aluminum Siding Cleaner. Works like a champ.
dickm
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:34 -0400, "Henry & Carolyn"

bleach
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:33:34 -0400, "Henry & Carolyn"

Now I don't know about your siding, but mine has a powder on it. If you mechanically clean it too much, you get rid of the self-sluffing feature, and take the siding down to the base plastic. Have you damaged the coating?
later,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
no, the coating is fine