Chraftsman 18hp. twin fuel problem

The fuel problem remedies seem to have been carried out Thanks for all the ideas .It seems to have had two problems the gas one is fixed. The tractor is running again but for only about 1500 ft. It seems as soon as the engine gets hot it shuts off , like you turned off the key . If you leave it for a couple of hours , it starts right up like you did just shut it off . It doesn't have to turn over a lot to pump up the gas so I know it not starving for it cause it starts 3 turns..........The problems with this machine have been a long time coming . .....For the last couple of years , you could mow all morning with it and no problem for weeks . Then a month later you may mow for a couple of hours and it would shut off . The first time I found a wire was just hanging by a few strands( it had got cut by the top shield) and repaired it. then it would run for another month so thinking it was an electrical problem I have cleaned the electric connections and everything seems fine............. I was wondering if any of you have seen this caused by the electronic ignition before ? ......Rick

Reply to
Rick

elec ignition will cut off when hot when going bad, if you can disconnect the kill wire from coil and it stil loses spark when hot ,its a bad coil usually. if it doesnt cut off when hot and kill wire disconected,the there is a short in the kill wire ,saftey switch or key switch.

ds549