Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Helmet cost
Any ball park idea of how much Water Helmet cost? I googled it and found a big range from $9 to $20 per linear ft. I have about 180 ft..... the is a cost range of ~$1,700 to $3,600.... Thanks! mac
1
1

White fuzz
Don't know about where you are but here we have been bombarded with white fuzz floating in the air - either stuff from trees or dandelions. If you have it also beware that it blocks air flow of motors...
3
3

Tiny grapes forming
It took us a couple years but we finally got grapes. http://mysite.verizon.net/vzet83bg/tractorguy/

Poppies Memorial Day
Our first poppies of the year. http://mysite.verizon.net/vzet83bg/tractorguy/
7
7

Baby peaches
Loaded with tiny peaches: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzet83bg/tractorguy/
2
2

Tecumsehs last forever
They have no choke so they don't start... they attain very old age in almost new condition.
14
14

String Trimmer Recommendations
I am looking to buy a decent string trimmer for a small home. I want something that won't keep breaking the string constantly. Please offer any suggestions on good models as well as any advice you can...
25
25

treatment for carpenter bees
Condo management sent exterminator who applied some type of dust underath brown wood trim on lower level. She did not treat upper level due to a screen being in the way (which is no longer properly...

What is the problem with my sprinkler head?
Hi, My lawn has a dry spot and I think it is because the pressure to the water is too high, I see a lot water actually sprayed outside the lawn. So yesterday I did a "fix", after pull up the head, I...
2
2

What to plant in a shady area
What can I plant in a shady area between 2 large trees? I want to clean this area in my backyard out completely of all all weeds.. and roots that have since died. Can some recommend what are good...
3
3

Best way for clearing back yard for planting
I have a problem and I need some advice. I have a small back yard that is quite shady that back to woods. We have a small lawn and 2 large trees surrounded by a weeded dirt area that needs to be...
1
1

Centipede versus St. Augustine
Current lawn in coastal NC is established centipede but don't care for it's appearance. We had a lawn of St. Augustine in the past and really liked the way it looked and the lack of maintenance that...
1
1

Dealing on a new riding mower.
Was at a tractor supply store recently looking at a $3500 mower. Said I was seriously considering it and a comment was made that they would be willing to deal on the mower. Now I'm not sure how much I...
8
8

Sod Cutter, parts list needed
I recently purchased a used (old) sod cutter Brouwer, Mark 2. It is made in Canada. It has a double cutter and seems about 12" wide. The seller reports it runs good. I noticed the fuel tank is highly...

Hoffco Trimmer parts
Anyone here know of a source for parts for Hoffco String Trimmers? Thanks, Ken
10
10