What is the problem with my sprinkler head?

Hi, My lawn has a dry spot and I think it is because the pressure to the water is too high, I see a lot water actually sprayed outside the lawn. So yesterday I did a "fix", after pull up the head, I see there is a little screw on the top, I tried unscrew it, not totally, just want to make it loose. Really I did not know I make it or not because it is so tight, all I see is the whole head is turned with my screwdriver together.

The problem is when I tested it, it did not work as I expected: it is a 90 degree head, but the water come out 360 degree now!

Do you know what might be the problem?

Thanks.

Reply to
linq936

Look at the top of your sprinkler head. Write down the brand and model number.

The manufacturer will have a website where you can pull up the manual for your make and model of sprinkler head. Print the manual for your head and follow the directions to adjust the pattern.

I have to do this every time I make adjustments to my system.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

All sprinkler heads have adjustment screws on top. One is for dispersion area, the other is for rotation adjustment. You just discovered the rotation adjustment screw.

When the sprinkler is operating, you'll notice a (-) and a (+) sign on top. When the sprinkler is on one side ( say left) all the way, you turn the screw to (-) for less or (+) for more spray area. Play with the screw until you achieve your area of spray you want.

Reply to
Robert Devor