When to turn water off to humidifier?

Page 2 of 2

Without quantitative measurements, your just guessing

Why not? You got the same attitude.

Apparently not, your still screwing around with stuff you don't know anything about.

You "licensed" installer is an idiot, and the evap coils should always be dry except when the system is running in cooling mode.

Then if ignorance is bliss, you must be euphoric.

How do you *KNOW* if its working or not without actual measurements?? The accepted method is to call somebody who actually knows WTF they are doing and not just the lowest bidder.
FWIW, the ideal indoor humidity levels are very specific. Too high or too low will promote groth of viruses and molds. There is a very narrow bell curve of temperature and humidity level where viruses and mold will not grow.
Guys correct me if I am wrong here, I am going off the top of my hear from one of Lew Herimans seminars a couple of years ago.... Summer indoor temp 75-78 with 45% - 55% RH Winter indoor temp 68-72 with 40% - 50% RH Here in south Mississippi, I design for summer cooling temp/humidity 75 degrees @ 50%RH.

the
Yep, there is a reason for the 'AutoTrac' to maintain a maximum of 45% humidity. :-)

usually
get
The difference is that I install humidifiers ALL THE TIME, wired to operate with the blower.
But the real difference is, mine work properly and yours doesn't.
Why? I don't know without the proper data... and neither do you.

You have to know the humidity level in order to properly diagnose the system.
Kinda of like the reason a doctor takes your blood pressure and temperature (they aid him in a proper diagnosis).
And whether you THINK your hiumidifier is wired wrong, it's NOT, that's the way the factory sets them up to run all the time.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I recommend you take up a hobby like growing african violets indoors under florescent lighting. Actually the more indoor plants you have the better. The indoor air will be fresher and more humid, and you'll have winter time flowers to enjoy.

| > | > > > > consequently causing me to have allergy symptoms. | > | > > > Do you have an automatic humidity control? | > > > Do you have a standard humidity control that you have to adjust | > manually? | > | > > > Or is it wired directly with no humidity control? | > | > > > > I've noticed that the water valve turns off only when the furnace fan | > > > > turns off. | > | > > > Normal | > | > > > > Shouldn't the water turn off when the gas valve turns off, | > | > > > No | > | > > > > so that the when the fan runs for a couple more minutes the humidifier | > > > > screen gets a chance to dry out? | > | > > > Sounds like your humidity level is too high for the conditions. | > | > > I have a standard humidity control. It does not account for outside | > > temperature. I do adjust it based on outside temp. | > | > > But I don't understand why it matters how high I have the humidity | > > set. The allergy problems are coming from the mesh screen, because | > > when I remove it, the symptoms go away very quickly. And the screen | > > smells musty, and the air discharge no longer smells, either. | > > Regardless of where I have the humidity set, I still have a wet mesh | > > screen, in a warm, dark area. Seems to me that the humidity setting | > > has little to do with this. | > | > So what's the humidity level in your house? | | I don't have a hygrometer, so I don't know. I'm going to try | connecting the water valve to the thermostat so it turns off early. |
Here comes another "Buy it Now" on eBay.
On Mar 11, 8:08 am, "Justin" <.> wrote:

Why don't you go wait for it on eBay. That should keep you occupied for a very long time.
wrote in message

Yeah Justin, he doesn't have time to browse E-Bay. He's already occupied with his broken humidifier. LOL
| wrote in message | > | > > | I don't have a hygrometer, so I don't know. I'm going to try | > > | connecting the water valve to the thermostat so it turns off early. | > > | | > > | > > Here comes another "Buy it Now" on eBay. | > | > Why don't you go wait for it on eBay. That should keep you occupied | > for a very long time. | |
Nah, they're a dime a dozen, thanks to the likes of fools like you!
wrote in message | > | > > | I don't have a hygrometer, so I don't know. I'm going to try | > > | connecting the water valve to the thermostat so it turns off early. | > > | | > > | > > Here comes another "Buy it Now" on eBay. | > | > Why don't you go wait for it on eBay. That should keep you occupied | > for a very long time. | | | Yeah Justin, he doesn't have time to browse E-Bay. | He's already occupied with his broken humidifier. LOL | |
I'm sure something else will find it's way into his foolish hands.......... hopefully his dick.... procreation is not an option for twats like this.