What's a fair price

I had a contractor over to get a estimate for a replace furnace and central air unit. Both units are over 20 years old. The central unit went last summer so I knew I had to replace the unit in spring. There is no way for the average person to know what is fair price for the purchase and installation of the two units. I went with a Trane central air and hot air furnace to replace my old Lennox units that were there when the house was built. The units I am having installed are XR14-024 and XR80-60 furnace. As I am switching to the R410A Refrigerant several lines have to be replaced. What's a ballpark price for the two units and installation.

Ballpark price?? Anywhere from $1,000 to $1,000,000,000 depending on how big the ballpark is.
Are they installing a new touch screen thermostat?? Are they providing IAQ filteration?? Are they providing a 10 year parts and labor warranty?? Is the furnace in a closet or attic or basement or crawl?? Are they replacing ductwork?? Is all the ductwork tin or flex??
Its not about cost, its all about the quality of the installation, not the equipment. you can have the cheapest POS equipment with a top quality installation, and you should have a serviceable system, OTOH, you can have the very best, top quality equipment with a crappy installation, and you got junk. If you have a top quality installation of the very best equipment, you will get many years of quiet, efficient, trouble free operation from your comfort system.

Ignore noonie. He's a hard up retard regurgitating the current sales seminar pamphlet. Get 3 bids in your area.

big
Guess you miss the rest of his post where he *helped* the poster?
Here's the quote:
Are they installing a new touch screen thermostat?? Are they providing IAQ filteration?? Are they providing a 10 year parts and labor warranty?? Is the furnace in a closet or attic or basement or crawl?? Are they replacing ductwork?? Is all the ductwork tin or flex??
Its not about cost, its all about the quality of the installation, not the equipment. you can have the cheapest POS equipment with a top quality installation, and you should have a serviceable system, OTOH, you can have the very best, top quality equipment with a crappy installation, and you got junk. If you have a top quality installation of the very best equipment, you will get many years of quiet, efficient, trouble free operation from your comfort system.

noonie only wants to rant. The man's question was: "What's a ballpark price for the two units and installation."
Noonie isn't about helping the customer. It's about lining his pockets. The fact that noonie posts technically clueless shit here and then wants to claim he's "competent" is laughable. The latest being the oil sightglass tirade he made about stormy's RIF post.
That he still has to heavily advertise and coax leads from a supplier in order to obtain work also says alot.
His educate the customer rants is all about how they don't spend enough money and to spread his sales pamphlet bullshit.
He can't walk his talk.

how
If anyone can answer this question... over the internet... then they have one helleva crystal ball.
Hey bill,
Do we get a free blow job with that quote?
HAHA
-Canadian Heat

You've gotta tell me which ballpark you are in then I may be able to guess. Bubba
Howard Eskin wrote:

How much ya got?