What is the highest ambient Temperature youve measured entering an air cooled condensor ?

I once measured 104 f. actual air temperature (in the shade) on a residental a/c unit ... but im sure much higher temps have been measured perhaps from nearby heat sources blowing directly on the condensor., or, over in the Middle East where it sometimes gets up to 120 f. .
What has been your actual experience ? And, how was the Unit operating under this extreme condition ????
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:51:04 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

    Never lived in Arizona, New MExico, Texas, etc, didja ?
    104 is considered 'a typical summer day' in some places.
    110 - 115 is not that unusual.
    The part I don't understand is HTF people live in it.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
On Jun 13, 10:40 am, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Even if the humidity is very low, it must feel like a blast furnace when you walk into 115 f. I pity our brave Soldiers in Iraq/ Afgan. where the heat typically gets to 120 f. all the while carrying 50 lbs of cargo on their backs.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:05:55 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

    And getting shot at or blown up by religious fanatics from the 15th century :-(
    Vicki is used to it, I guess ( the heat part ). BTW, it's 4 % RH there today, at 94 F. Vicki thinks this is 'a nice cool early summer day'.
    Here on the east coast, they pay big bucks to acheive that in test chambers.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/citysearch.php?lat3.44833&lon=-112.07333&input=Phoenix&city=phoenix
On 6/13/2011 3:18 PM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/citysearch.php?lat3.44833&lon=-112.07333&input=Phoenix&city=phoenix
Hell, we can't even achieve that in the middle of a fire. Our state capital is about to become a riverboat headed for St Louis.
✖

    My sympathies. There's so much other shit going on, you don't even make the news anymore. Much more interesting talking about a Congressional Wiener's weener, I guess.
    Remind me again why you decided to live in a flood plain, and build at ground level ????
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
✖
On 6/13/2011 4:45 PM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Not me.. I live at 2,240 ft above Sea level. I don't think I will miss our State capital much though. I will however miss the Rodeo that brings in competitors from all over the world. It has rained almost every day for the last 2 months. The farmers that had big equipment and moved fast have crops in the ground. Those that didn't are screwed. I guess you can note that from the price of Corn, Beans and wheat on the commodities market. Everything along the Missouri River is getting drowned out. The Core of Engineers have opened the floodgates on just about every dam in order to save the dams. A lot of homes in several states are under water. When I was a lad, we had terrible droughts. I guess there is no in between weather. We have had some super crops th\e last bunch of years. We are one of the few states with money in the bank and sell most of our crops to China. They also buy a lot of beef and Buffalo meat. Their crops don't look good this year either so we may have a banner year selling more to them. EROS, Which is close..Uses their satellites to monitor China's crops for the Chinese. America gets paid handsomely for this service. Our big farmers use EROS Satellites to run their planters etc. The farmer sits in the Air conditioned Tractor and watches daytime TV and the satellite steers,drops seed, fertilizer and avoids wet spots automatically. Cam even farm at night without lights. Estimates of crop yeilds for corn that is in..Barring hail etc..will be close to 300 Bushel/acre.

✖

How about the poor bastards that live there. And folks wonder why they dress in Bomb vests.
✖

When I was in the desert, 7 years, when it got over 110, all you can do is walk from one cooled unit to another. All work is done in the morning, unless you have to. Once it got to 115 in Barstow, and my air conditioner, swamp cooler, only takes it down 25 degrees. Inside you wear underwear, the refrigerated air places said refrigerated air.
I spent many summer days in the Army near ft. Bliss. That high altitude near el paso 4000 ft., cools it down a bit. I don't remember over 105 days, but I didn't have a thermometer. Vegas and Barstow around 2500 feet is typically 4-5 degrees cooler than phoenix.
On a hot day, the air coming out of the condenser with the sun shunning, could easily get up to 150, guessing.
I never measured rocks in the desert, something I would try now.
Greg
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/13/2011 10:40 AM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Big Fookin Air Conditoners! ;-)

✖

    I'm not even sure you could draw the SHR on a chart.
    Condensate drains are made from nano-fibers, I think. 0.001 inch ID is fine.