Viessmann Propane Nightmare

Hello all,
Having serious trouble with my Viessman Vitola propane burner. Burner is actually an OEM from Riello. Winter is coming, I can feel it . . . I'm getting worried.
Not sure I would buy one of these babies again. High end sometimes means high maintenance, like a trophy wife. Trouble is there aren't enough of them out there, so it is hard to get anyone in who knows how to set it up and keep it running. Like trying to keep a Alpha Romeo running up north.
The problem is at ignition. On first start the burner fires and rumbles bad for a few minutes before failing to maintain ignition.
If tries a refire after a few minutes and starts right up.
I've had plumbers here for about a week; had the Viessmann guy here for a day and have had the propane guy here a couple times. We are right back where we started.
Anybody have any clues where to look, I'm about ready to quit on the big orange booger.
Al
I actually posted below!!!!
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bob Pietrangelo wrote:

[...]
Bob Pietrangelo wrote:

Al, where are you located? Rhode Island is the place to contact, unless you speak German or French. Keep yelping till you get it fixed. Something HAD to change for this to happen. Not being there it is really hard to answer any questions definitively.
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Bob,
I really appreciate your help and comments.
I kept yelping and went around the plumber (still say he's great, but need someone with more Viessmann experience).
Factory guy came out and set things right. Very knowledgeable. Couple things out of alignment (not adjusted wrong, but really out of place).
Fingers crossed for now, I think I'm set. I'll now take back those negative things I said about Viessmann. I am now a beleiver (unless of course it misfires in the AM).
Bob Pietrangelo wrote:

I have had a lot of problems with a Vitodens 300 running on LPG not firing first time in much the same way usually when the weather was really cold. The thing that eventually fixed it was adding in about 6ft of large diameter pipe (1") into the gas line just before the boiler. Warmed up the gas enough to get ignition first time - the idiot who installed it did suggest I keep my old boiler going to "heat the boiler cupboard" to ensure the LPG vapourised.
Having bought Viessmann because it was meant to be one of the best I am having serious second thoughts about using them on a renovation project I am doing.
after al wrote:

danger Will Robinson, danger!

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us...

Wouldn't that be better inside the flue pipe? If it's double wall couldn't the inner "dead" air be pressurized with gaz to warm it up?
--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

Great idea!
If he has a fireplace or woodstove, he could run the coil through the firebox and keep the gas vaporized using wood heat.

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us...

-- Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."

Yeah, and a warm fuzzy = a good ol' fashioned HVAC reach-around!
--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

I used to have a warm gas problem until I quit eatin at Taco Bell.

I've heard that it can happen when you stick a gas tube up the exhaust pipe...

So many people chuck the installation manual back in the plastic bag and never look back.
That just guarantees an improper installation.
The manufacturers installation instructions must be followed, to avoid such nonsense.
If pipe screwers are putting it together, a qualified technician should supervise the job. *(NOTE: cashing a paycheck from an HVAC company does not automatically qualify said check casher.)
-zero

Sounds like a personal problem. Why do you get worried when you feel it?

Why would you only drive a car north?

Rub some "ignite longer" cream on it before you try to fire it.

Are you running a fucking hotel? What is it-- a gayboy vacation spot?
Propane guy isn't too bad, but at least you didn't invite "Wood".
We are right

Like boomerang?

Yep.
I'm about ready to quit on the