upstiars cooling

We just bought a new Lennox home air conditioning unit ; they used the existing heating ducts...The temperature on the first floor is fine - we have it set on 78 and it hold very well - BUT the upstairs on a really hot day is about 90.....What can we do(other than have new ductwork) to increase the cooling upstairs?
Ken

What does your installer say to do?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

buy & install window ac units for every upstairs window.
a smart person would upsize & replace the duct system.
but you bought a lennox, so that eliminates you.......
That doesn't sound right. Years ago when we would upgrade a house that only had heat and we installed A/C we always replaced the duct because the existing duct was too small to run A/C through.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

On 1 Aug 2006 05:25:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Stay downstairs till it cools off, you idiot. You dont want to repair the ductwork which is the only answer so shut your cake hole and live in the basement till winter. Jezus H Crimany! Thats like saying," I want water in my glass but I dont want the glass to get wet!" Bubba
It is very hard to balance cooling or heating in two floor house however for cooling since you are way you are. Do if you can as fallow Divert all your supply air to second floor and have return air only on first floor this will help you, that is if you can do it I am not there and without been there I can not gave you any fixes but perhaps vague suggestions
Good luck from DIDO

Put in a window AC up there.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Lennox?? I'm sorry. Did you get kissed afterwards??