Consumer unit and air conditioning

We are about to install a new consumer unit for the office circuits, which includes 3 air conditioning units on separate 20amp C type fuses.

Should we place the air conditioning units on a separate consumer unit to the lights and the rings mains sockets or is it ok to used just one consumer unit?

Thanks for your help.

-- Alex Harris Remove NEWS to reply

Reply to
Alex H

I really dont know what the IEE guidelines are, I always thought that it was a good idea to put the lighting on a lighting only circuit so that if anything blew/tripped , then you could see in the dark and not fall over.

Also what current does the AC draw?

John.

Reply to
JhnWil876

It'll be perfectly acceptable to put them all on one CU. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch