Sunbeam water dispenser leak

I asked this in home.repair, maybe I'll have some luck here. TIA.

I have a Sunbeam hot / cold water dispenser. It is the type that has a

5 gallon water bottle on top. The water leaked out yesterday. Nice mess to come home to. I took it apart and found a hose had split. The hose is connected to a 3/16 metal tube, top and bottom. The top is connected near the top of the metal reservoir and the bottom metal tube I'm not sure where it goes. I figured I could just go purchase a new hose but about 2 inches down, there is a plastic piece in the hose. What purpose does this 1/4 inch x 7 inch hose serve? Any idea what the plastic part in the hose is? (No web access, at work, can't look at Sunbeam)

Thanks.

Reply to
Thomas

Dear Tia, That's a bit off topic for hvac?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Really? Not the same principals? Hot/Cold? Where better?

Reply to
Thomas

Heh! Heh! Water problems are a bit over our heads. Suggest you go to the manufacturers Web page and download the Repair/maintenance manual. Perhaps there is an appliance repair company in your area also. Some of that could be back flow preventers to keep the supply water from becoming contaminated..Which could be a health risk. Seek knowledgeable help.

Reply to
Don Ocean

I'm not sure what's a better group. But, this is neither building heating, nor building AC.

Principle: Guiding direction or force Principal: Leader of a school

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Best guess its some kind of orifice. Don't worry about stormy he don't know shit about hvac either.

Reply to
The King

Or a check valve ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

Thank you for the spell check.

Reply to
Thomas

Yup could be.

Reply to
The King

From what I can tell, the plastic in the tube is some type of reducer. I did not cut it out yet but it appears to have a hole approx 1/32 inch in the middle. I checked a few online sites and Sunbeam no longer manufactures coolers. The parts people at several sites were of no help. Thanks all for trying. I'm going to buy some tubing and hope for the best. No big loss either way.

Reply to
Thomas

Speak for yourself. Some of us are mechanical contractors and know EVERYTHING.

Reply to
HVAC

Stormy know about orifices ;-)

Reply to
HVAC

Are you standing in for Stormy today?

Reply to
Don Ocean

If it flows too fast, get an Intervenous feeding tube clamp from medical supply store. Adjust as needed.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Stormy is very sensitive about his sex life. Please don't mention it, as it gets him quite upset. He will have to take matters into his own hands.

Real Pisser

Shut your mouth.

Before Stormy sees it.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Hey! you know, I do click on your link to feed an animal every day.

But that is a good idea anyway. I think stormy is a hermaphrodite anyway, so he can get off by himself several ways, especially if he practices yoga. Last I heard, he was practicing playing the skin flute.

Real Pisser

Not that it really matters...But I broke it. Pulling and tugging, (seems on-topic at this point) I now have several other leaks than the original which now is fixed. I tried and failed miserably. Off to the big box place.

Reply to
Thomas

Sounds like you need the Big Bucket place.

Reply to
.p.jm.