STILL TRYING, RESPONSE TO SC

THANK YOU. APOLOGY ACCEPTED. BACK TO MY PROBLEM . I SET AIR HANDLER &HOOKED IT UP TO DUCTWORK , SO I HAD TIME TO LOOK OVER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION & SERVICE FACTS BEFORE TECH SHOWED UP. WHEN I SAW HE WAS USING R407C I QUESTIONED IT , AND WAS TOLD IT WAS RECOMMENDED BY GEO UNIT MAKERS. THEN I CALLED COMPANY THAT MADE GEO UNIT,AND WAS TOLD THAT WITH R407C PRESSURES WERE LOWER &HAD HIGHER OR BETTER HEAT TRANSFER THAN R410A AND SWITCH IN AIR HANDLER HAD TO BE SET TO R410A. SO NOW BACK TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION. I ALREADY CHANGED DIP SWITCH SETTING SO INSTEAD OF BLOWER COMING ON WIDE OPEN & STAYING THAT WAY TILL IT SHUTS OFF , IT STARTS SLOW RAMPS UP TO WIDE OPEN THEN SLOWS TO A STOP, WHICH HAS MADE IT A LOT MORE EFFICIENT. NOW TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION. UNTIL I CAN GET SOMEONE HERE TO SET THINGS UP RIGHT , IS THERE CHANGES TO D SW SETTINGS SO IT DIDN'T RAMP UP TO 100% WITHOUT CAUSING PROBLEMS TO EITHER UNIT. AND IF SO WHAT WOULD SETTINGS BE. THANK YOU. BY THE WAY , 30+ YEARS AGO WHILE I WAS LAID OFF I TOOK 4 MONTHS OF AIR CONDITIONING & REFRIGERATION COURSES BUT NEVER WORKED AT THE TRADE BECAUSE I GOT CALLED BACK WHERE I WAS &IT WAS MORE $ , SO I FORGOT MOST ALL OF WHAT I LEARNED.

Reply to
BOB

R-407C is closest match to R-22 the R-407A and B is closer match to R-410 Either Refrigerant must be use with POE oil

tony944

Without having the installation manual in my hands to refer to I won't be able to help much, however, the manual should give you a setting for the dip switches to provide the proper CFM for heat mode. This normally is 400 to 450 CFM per ton of cooling. Example: if you have a 3 ton system you would need 1200 to 1350 CFM. Heat rise should be 20 to 30 degrees, say return air temperature is 70 deg.F, supply air temp would be 90 to 100 deg.F

Reply to
sc