Special Equipment suggestions needed

Page 1 of 2
Have a building where condensers are on ground and the Bum's in the city are cutting and stealing all the copper.
Anyone know of a product that can use plastic lines and glycol to cool 5 ton units? Or, a product were we can put the condenser inside the building and duct the air to the condenser and back out? Thinking of a high static type system so we don't have to cut 3 x 3 foot holes into concrete foundations.
Have to do something with five units that were cut out recently.
Rich

A 30-06 with a night scope and silencer or A security camera with a good light source. Bubba
"Geoman" wrote:

hell yeah Rich. I've installed a 5ton gas fired chiller that will allow usage of sch40 pvc for piping. They can be ganged together for multiple loads or ran individually. Imagine 5tons of cooling on a 15 amp 220volt single phase circuit!
Also occasionally service a house that has 5 split condensers in their attic. Air is ducted in and exhausts thru fixed louvers. Installed 32" dia ducting up thru the roof into a screened china cap off packages & splits inside attics in commercial bldgs.
I can think of 4 buildings that have package units inside the building and no ducting whatsoever. standard pkg equipment.

Hmm, not a bad idea. They cut that puppy their into some nasty amonia... That would be funny! The only problem with them is they are inefficient compared to a regular AC. unless of course that has changed dramatically over the last few years.

I've only seen it one time back in the mid 80's, it didn't work very well because the blade fan just doesn't have the capacity to overcome duct resistance, unless you use 32" !! Man, that is big round duct :-)
Fish, did any have a booster type system on them to assist the static shortage of the condenser fan?
Heck, are there any systems out there that use squirl cage systems on the condenser side?
Man, my wife is bugging me to take her out for Custard. She wants Rossoti's. Whats the flavor tonight, Mark? :-)))

"Geoman" wrote:

the last one I installed weighed over 900 lbs, with just the amonia charge in it. 17 lbs of it if i recall. the condenser was steel tube, steel plates. chiller barrel was stainless, but when they cut into that the amonia will knock em down quick. not one iota of copper tubing in it.
the manufacturer has made dramatic improvements in the last few years, including adding a heat pump to their lineup
http://www.robur.com/pag_ricerca_categorie.jsp?idl=2

nope. standard condenser fan motor. like i said, i oversized the duct. had a local shop custom fab an offset, china cap, roof jack, straight pipe and used a canvas flex connector (Durodyne Jr) at the point of attachment to the condenser discharge. The flex makes it easy to do a fan motor changeout, plus it eliminates vibration up the duct.

well once you know the cfm of the original design, no reason you couldnt build a fitting to accomodate a squirrel cage with similiar cfm! then put a fan handler on it for the ultimate control in condensing temps...

Wow, that's some weight. There is a Catholic Church in a neighboring town that has four of them outside. One things for sure, their quiet!
O god, who are you macgyver? Fuck the more posts I read by gofish the more I realise we have another wannabe!
Let's see some pictures of these "special" parts from gofish manufacturing.
LMAO
-Canadian Heat
On 12 Feb 2007 22:48:02 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Having trouble with the spell checker again Canuck boy? Bubba
How about some more detail? You talking water cooled systems, or R22 based split systems?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

It wouldn't matter, cause in either of these cases... you wouldn't know where to start anyway.
"Stormin Moron" wrote:

name ONE water cooled condenser containing copper or copper aluminum coils, you top posting cocksucker.

both, could be r-410A too. Heck, I would consider Ammonia as Fish suggested if they pay for all the tools I would need to service them in the future.

that really gets me grinning. The thought of loading a R-22 system with a bunch of ammonia (or sulphur dioxide) in addition to the R-22. So that the tubing thieves would leave it alone. Good idea.
I suspect you won't find schedule PVC that can take the pressures. But, I could be mistaken.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

NOT A GOOD IDEA !!!
I WAS TALKING ABOUT USING THREE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!!!!!
You can NOT use ammonia with anything but steel! No brass, no copper, just steel and lead for the bearings!!!
There isn't any pvc that will work with these refrigerants.
Now that were on the topic of stupid things you should not do, never mix bleach with ammonia, you will die when you breath the vapors. Don't put them in a system either Chris...........
Rich

Can you say "pulmonary edema" ??
--
Respectfully, Bob

Why does "gets me grinning" change to "think I'll try this"? I think you're reading in things that
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Thanks for the clarification, I was worried there for a moment that you were thinking it was ok to do it.............
"reading things that aren't there". And that really proves that they
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.