so who here is epa section 608 phase I,II or III certified????

I know I am not, but I was wonder who was and how hard the tests were...
thanks in advance.

    BS tests. Get the 'Universal'.
    Read the study guide.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
I am not sure what you mean by universal, can you provide a link??? or some other information?
thanks

Just a curious home owner. The initial spark was that there was a debate about online goodman sales and the fine print in the warranty. I read up at the goodman sight and the only requirement for an installer, at least as far as I could see, was an epa 608 certification. which would make sense. Now, before anyone goes nuts, I do not want to install my own ac system. That's what the pro's are for.

Since your so curious, how about doing a little home work on recovery machines, recovery cans, refrigerant reclaiming and recycling, as well as the proper methods of charging systems per the diferent types of metering devices.
Its not rocket science, its more complicated than that.
I beg to differ, It just a sealed phase change system. Sure there are a ton of variables, but its not really that hard. What is hard is finding information about the "trade". Its interesting to me to see the fairly surly one or two line responses to a simple question about a certification. with that said, its just about what I expected after watching this group for a while... You all have a good night..

On 03/29/2011 08:15 PM, Bob in Phx wrote:

$19, I think, take an OPEN-BOOK multiple choice exam where you can refer back to the online text to find the answers, and when you get enough right, you enter some info and they mail you the certificate and wallet card. I think there were 50 questions. If you didn't know one off the top of your head, it did take a little time to search through the text to find it. Procedures may have changed, I did this 13 years ago.
Jon

    They dropped question # 37. There are only 49 now.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Jon, thanks for the info. Its interesting that a person could get a type I (systems under 5 pounds of refrigerant) via the open book test, but the type II (large systems) and type III (larger /largest systems) required a proctored test...
again, just a curious homeowner....

"Bob in Phx" wrote in message

On 03/30/2011 09:13 PM, Bob in Phx wrote:

them, I chose the 609 because I wanted to be able to get R12 for my cars. I never actually needed to get any more, I still have a couple cans sitting around, and no cars with R12 anymore. I do have a couple small refrigeration systems left with R12, though. I have enough R22 to probably last to the end of the home central air system, too - its only 35 years old.
The green card did let me buy a run capacitor for my AC at the local "closed shop" refrigeration supply place for under $10, I was expecting it to cost a LOT more.
Jon