slow times??

It was getting real slow... but sent out a batch of 500 post cards and the phone started ringing again. Simple message on the cards.... no offers, no specials, just the simple question.... "Are you ready for winter?" The cards went into the mail Labor Day weekend, Tuesday I started getting calls... 2 - 3 per day.
The only thing that is an offered discount is on the front of the card.... $20 off service agreement *renewal*. The folks who don't have service agreements ask about the discount for *renewal*. Mr customer, if you purchase a service agreement today, we will give you the $20 discount, and count todays system seasonal service under the new agreement. Mr customer, do you have any spare air filters?... no?? We would be happy to get you a case of pleated filters for you... a one year supply for a good price, would you like us to pick up a case of filters for you?
Its a no brainer... sell the service agreements, and cases of filters on just about every call. If the system is more than 15 years old, give them the run-down on a new system and an installed price to replace their old inefficient one.
Post cards work the best for me.... *HAND ADDRESSED*, big logo, big message, big phone number.... lots of "white space", no unnecessary clutter.... simple, short. eye catching. you have all of 1 - 1.5 SECONDS (literally) to get the customers attention before it hits the trash.
Folded flyers, and sealed envelopes hit the trash immediately without ever being opened.... waste of money and time.
What are the rest of you doing to generate business??

    I found a nice pair of mesh stockings works with 3 " heels well for me ....
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

once they get past the pork chop around your neck, how much do you have to pay them??

    That's the beauty of it - usually just pocket change !
    Now, the pooch, he usually gets extra ...
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Interesting you mentioned post cards. My Dad is pretty good with the word preocessing programs. he's done some for me in the past. I can buy some post card stock, run them of at the copy shop, and cut them up with a pad cutter.
One or two referral companies have been sending me interesting general maint jobs at stores in the malls. It would be easy enough to run a bunch of stickers with the mall adress, and then hand write the store names in at the top. One to each store. In the last year, I've fixed shelves, locks, HVAC, toilet, sink, and all kinds of other things. Would be easy enough to advertise directly to the stores, instead of having a referral company take the call for me, and then pay me half past never.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I do a lot of telecom/network repairs for a national contracts outfit and they take 60 days to pay.
TDD
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:34:56 -0400, "Old and Grunpy"

gunner's daughter and a trip to the fiddlers green!
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:12:05 -0400, The King

    but....but...but..... you PIRATE !!!!
www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
I can understand 60 days. If it were consistent. The company I'm working with, they have some bills from April and May, and they are paying the ones from June and July. Like ethe April and May ones never happened.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I send a crew out to shoot rooftop units with a 22 rifle.
This is preceded by another crew that puts door-hangers on the targeted businesses.
Works like a charm!
I thought only glass guys did that kind of thing. Must work, though. And to think that I spend all these years training the maids at hotels to shake out the vacuum cleaner right next to the condensing unit. I'll have to do better.
What is a 22 rifle? And where can I get one? Is that a brand, or something?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus