Running a 1/4 hp 220 VAC condenser fan motor on 110 VAC

Page 2 of 4

It still won't make any sense...trust me!
Respectfully, Bob
wrote

Sir you are big joke Dido
wrote

Dildo, please post again tomorrow when you are sober.
wrote

Oscar get some experience and you bud! then talk
wrote

My sister is the Special Ed teacher-- sorry I do not have the experience needed to communicate with the Mentally Retarded or the Emotionally Disturbed.
wrote

So you don't have to look for other female that is nice to know
wrote

What the fuck are you trying to say here? I honestly cannot understand your drunken spewage.
wrote

that don't have respect for self or others have nice day Dido

We'd all have a GREAT day if we read in the papers that you offed yourself!
--
Respectfully, Bob

WOW!! Dildo, you are SOOO CLOSE to making sense!
--
Respectfully, Bob

In other words...."HICCUP!!!"
--
Respectfully, Bob

That's spelled "jock"!
--
Respectfully, Bob

AKS wrote:

Look, Dido.... a quick inspection of NEMA and IEC specs say that most motors are 'designed' for +/- 10 percent... that's all.
Anything more or less and the motor is running so out of sync with the line that it builds heat rapidly. AC and motor theory are as clear as they can be...
Heat kills motors... maybe not immediately but in short order.
Shaded pole motors are crap.. and if they're in anything you depend on you ought to throw them away and use real motors. They're great in wall clocks, though....
The back-emf argument is also bullshit. Back EMF is 'out-of-phase' and counteracts the inputted energy. It hurts you.. not helps.
As with all things in the genre... energy IN equals energy OUT less losses. If you put less energy IN... things don't work as designed.
Anything may work for a while... but not all that long. Science catches up sooner or later.
Jake
Jake wrote:

therin lies the huge problem Jake.
From all this "stuff" I've been reading lately, the russians are so much further ahead of Western technology for one simple reason: They are not locked into the dogma of Western taught thermodyamicis and electromagnetism.
research US Patent # 6,362,718 granted on March 26, 2002 http://jnaudin.free.fr/meg/meg.htm
now you may not believe a ufo crash landed in roswell nm, nor believe there is an area 51 or any of that other secret bs, but if you do, explain how a nuclear reactor on these ufo's can use element 115 to generate the electromagnetic currents they do, WITHOUT ANY FORM OF COOLING. There goes the laws of Western taught thermodynamics...
when we remain of the mindset that energy in=energy out minus loss, we will never strive to achieve what other countries and civilizations have already achieved.

I posted what I work with the only thing I forgot to include that these is only on single phase motors and dimmers that can be use is only those that use triacs for output instead of SCRs Dido

Totally incorrect!
Back EMP reduces the voltage and hence the current.
Without back EMF (stalled motor), the lack of back EMF to "buck" that applied votage will cause the current to be E/R which is much, much, higher than when rotating.
How does back EMF hurt by reducing the CURRENT?
You have the EMF 'bucking' concept right but your thinking is out of phase 180*.
AKS wrote:

AFAIK Every run start cap motors used for fans in condensers use overload breakers to avoid locked rotor overheating. This is required because foreign objects like twigs, rats, snakes, etc. can get into the box and stop the fan blades.
If a 220 VAC motor will turn with 110 VAC applied, it should be safe from overheating.
This has been done many, many times.
Some technicians do not understand the safety built into the motors.
As an additional safety, a second lower Amp fuse may be added.
On 13 Oct 2006 05:29:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

Crimmany sakes! I knew you were dumber than a box of rocks. Bubba

Yes, about as dumb as the people who design and make the motors; Reliance!
I guess that you can't trust their words either.
http://www.reliance.com/mtr/mtrthrmn.htm
"At the same time torque is being produced, the conductors are moving in a magnetic field and generating a voltage. This voltage is in opposition to the voltage that causes current flow through the conductor and is referred to as a countervoltage or back EMF. The value
of current flowing through the armature is dependent upon the DIFFERENCE between the applied voltage and the countervoltage."
The countervoltage or back EMF is opposite the applied voltage and it therefore
"bucks" or reduces it. For example: If the applied voltage is 220 VAC and the back
EMF is 70 VAC, the motor appear to see only 150 VAC.
The result is the equivalent of increasing the total impedence and thus
reduces the current that
would flow if there was no EMF.
This is why an AC motor must spin to avoid overheating.
An automatic thermal overload protector is usually built into HVAC fan motors.
Or, if you desire, you can always add a correctly chosen fuse to protect your AC motor.
Bubba,
If you had another brain it would be lonesome.
On 13 Oct 2006 17:03:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aaronj.com wrote:

and argueing with you would be like fighting a sword fight and YOU with no sword. Honestly, Your ramblings are worse than stormy and Todd all rolled together. Climb back up the skylight and shut it on your way out. Bubba