Robinair Enviro Guard Hose O-Ring lubricant suggestions

I have a set of Robinair Enviro Guard hoses. I've always thought that a tad bit of O-ring lubricant helps to form a good seal. (especially when pulling vacuum down to

Reply to
Howard

Use a drop of oil out of a Zoom Spout oiler...its a non parafin, turbine oil

Reply to
Noon-Air

Vasoline????????

Grease????????

I have a can of 'refrigerant grade spray oil'... works great.

Reply to
<kjpro

you can use what the informed pro&#39;s use..... :-)

gofish

Dont use Vaseline. It will make the O-ring stretch out of shape. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Thanks. I just so happen to have a little squirt bottle of Nylog Blue (their web site says it&#39;s universal). It reminds me of snot.

My only concern is it&#39;s pretty sticky so I&#39;d hate for it to cling onto contaminants at the hose connection fittings.

However I do keep my refrigerant hose in a big plastic bag when I&#39;m not using them.

Reply to
Howard

Reply to
Steve Scott

The f****ng gas is always gonna be positive as opposed to atmospheric unless your in the sub arctic and using some kinda weird refrigerant

iF your pulling a vacuum, then I would hope contaminates would be drawn into and subsequently through your pump--still, suggest should always dip your hoses into some f****ng sand before finally putting them away...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Okay to get serious.

Check O-rings and you find several materials exist.

Common is BUNA, I cant remember the other one.

Oh theres Viton...

Here :

Go ahead, and spec your own--IIRC silicone spray tends to "rejuvenate" some rubbers...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

That was my little trick... you must have read my mind. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Believe it or not, I was being serious. I used Vaseline on my pool filter O-rings. After a year or so I found it made them stetch out of shape and become to big in diameter. It obviously breaks down the rubber. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yeah, I get that happens with the kluber nbu15 grease--spindle rebuilds.....shit costs like ~25 bucks for a 50gram tube, thinking it maybe whale sperm or something....

There are silicone greases available, and though I&#39;ve personally never gone through the time and bother to spec as to compatibility, still pretty sure it&#39;s commonly used with neoprene.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Reply to
Steve Scott

Stick a gum rubber hose in gasoline. It&#39;ll get huge.

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

K/Y Jelly is water based. After a few O-ring surprises like yours, that&#39;s all I&#39;ve used. (non-refrigerant use)

Damn. The above reads like it belongs on HBO!

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Is that like re vulcanized condoms?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Do they have gum rubber condoms? I can use all the help I can get...

Reply to
Tekkie®

(especially

some

Are you looking for balloon condoms?

That would be ones you can get &#39;blown up&#39;? LOL

Reply to
<kjpro