Robinair Enviro Guard Hose O-Ring lubricant suggestions

I have a set of Robinair Enviro Guard hoses. I've always thought that a tad bit of O-ring lubricant helps to form a good seal. (especially when pulling vacuum down to <500 microns and performing a reliable leak test).
What do you use to lubricate rubber seals and O-rings for R22 systems. Mineral oil, Vasoline, Silicon Grease or Vacuum Pump Oil.
Is one of these lubricants better then the others to help get a tight seal, protect the O-ring and be compatable with R22 systems. (however we're only talking about 1 drop or two per fitting)
Yes I know that you can special order fancy O-ring lubricants but I want to limit my choices to the above or something else that's fairly common.
TIA

Use a drop of oil out of a Zoom Spout oiler...its a non parafin, turbine oil

Vasoline????????
Grease????????
I have a can of 'refrigerant grade spray oil'... works great.

you can use what the informed pro's use..... :-)
http://www.refrigtech.com/nylog.html
Thanks. I just so happen to have a little squirt bottle of Nylog Blue (their web site says it's universal). It reminds me of snot.
My only concern is it's pretty sticky so I'd hate for it to cling onto contaminants at the hose connection fittings.
However I do keep my refrigerant hose in a big plastic bag when I'm not using them.
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:27:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Get some flare nuts to keep in the hose ends.

--
Brain: The apparatus with which we
think that we think.

That was my little trick... you must have read my mind. :-)

The fucking gas is always gonna be positive as opposed to atmospheric unless your in the sub arctic and using some kinda weird refrigerant

iF your pulling a vacuum, then I would hope contaminates would be drawn into and subsequently through your pump--still, suggest should always dip your hoses into some fucking sand before finally putting them away...

Dont use Vaseline. It will make the O-ring stretch out of shape. Bubba

Okay to get serious.
Check O-rings and you find several materials exist.
Common is BUNA, I cant remember the other one.
Oh theres Viton...
Here :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-ring
Go ahead, and spec your own--IIRC silicone spray tends to "rejuvenate" some rubbers...

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:00:11 -0800, "Jeffrey Lebowski"

Believe it or not, I was being serious. I used Vaseline on my pool filter O-rings. After a year or so I found it made them stetch out of shape and become to big in diameter. It obviously breaks down the rubber. Bubba

Yeah, I get that happens with the kluber nbu15 grease--spindle rebuilds.....shit costs like ~25 bucks for a 50gram tube, thinking it maybe whale sperm or something....
There are silicone greases available, and though I've personally never gone through the time and bother to spec as to compatibility, still pretty sure it's commonly used with neoprene.

some

I don't think vaseline is recommended for condoms either.

Brain: The apparatus with which we
think that we think.

Stick a gum rubber hose in gasoline. It'll get huge.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Do they have gum rubber condoms? I can use all the help I can get...

that
(especially
systems.
tight
(however
fairly
some
Are you looking for balloon condoms?
That would be ones you can get 'blown up'? LOL

K/Y Jelly is water based. After a few O-ring surprises like yours, that's all I've used. (non-refrigerant use)
Damn. The above reads like it belongs on HBO!
-zero
Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Is that like re vulcanized condoms?