Residential 4-Ton pricing

I need some advice on a quote I got yesterday. The unit quoted was a 4-ton 14 Seer York and a Zone control system for the house (2 story). This is a total end to end system replacement of an old 10 Seer unit.
$11,200
This seems high...any thoughts from the group?
bcraig1971 wrote:

Does that include any ductwork, - bet not? You might be able to do a lot of things to reduce the heat-gain which could reduce the A/C size by up to a ton. As things are now, perhaps the 4-ton could be too large. (?) Have a manual J done before buying any equipment!
Reducing the heat-gain/heat-loss will also improve the ductwork sizing which could help efficient operation. Price other equipment from other contractors, perhaps 14-SEER Goodman equipment might help reduce the initial cost. Additionally, there are usually differences in models within specific brands. The installation is more important than the brand of equipment! http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html
- udarrell
Price does include some minor ducting changes....
Thanks!
With some minor ductwork, 10 year parts and labor warranty, a touch screen programmable thermostat, new correctly sized refrigerant lineset, and most probably having to replace aluminium wire going to the air handler with copper, thats probably pretty close to the mark.

Noon-Air,
I have an existing York gas furnace that will be serviced and left in place...10 yr warranty on the new system.
Thanks!

Then why aren't you out installing all those things Moonie? No one hires ya eh?

Is it for a heat pump system?? or is it with a gas furnace?? or is it dual fuel?? what kind of warranty?? is there any ductwork involved??

My my moonie...so many questions. You forgot to ask if he took the highest or lowest bid.
Shit... I always come in on the end of the discussion....damit
WAY TOO MUCH