Replacement cost for an American Standard (Trane ?) coil

I built a house three years ago and I have 2 American Standard HVAC units. I had a coil replaced for one air handler (4TEESF40A) because it leaks. I was kind of surprised that a coil could have such problem after such a short time. I was happy when the HVAC guy told me that the coil will be free but he charged me $450 for the labor. The unit is horizontally mounted and easy to access. Also he did a poor job as there are many air leakages that just cool down my basement. Is this price correct ?
Also he did not indicate any part number, should I assume that I got the correct part ?
Thanks, Christian
Christian wrote:

In my opinion, on a warranted part, the mfg'ers ought to cover the labor at a set rate for its installation! With most mfg'ers this is not the case, however, the change out should not be at the expense of the purchaser of the equipment.
Yes IMO, the PN should be listed on your invoice so that you could call & verify that is, is or is not, the correct Part Replacement! - udarrell
(Revised - Solving ESP)

Dont ASSUME anything. It may be right. Maybe it wasnt? More importantly............if you plan to live there approx 7 more years or so, did you know that you can still purchase a 10 year parts AND LABOR warranty on your American Standard equipment? You will lose the original 3 years on the warranty but be covered the remaining 7 years after a 45 day waiting period. Find a A/S dealer you can be happy with and consider the investment. As you have found out, "It aint cheap". Bubba
Thanks for the answers, I guess that I was unlucky with the unit and that it is not that common.