r410a capacity in a typical model minisplit

settle a discussion for me, at issue is the total r410a refrigerant capacity in a typical minisplit system, ie. mitsubishi, sanyo, fujitsu etc.
I claim a typical 1 ton or smaller system contains about 2 pounds of r410a
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:42:27 +0300, "HVACstudent"

Do your own homework fuckwit.

You can "claim" what you want, but before you do, you might want to compare the refrigerant charges in identical systems with the same capacities in both R-22 and R-410a, then work out an average.
Call your local parts house, and ask. They ought to have that info. Or, do an internet search. This is called "research", something that used to be taught in schools.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
HVACstudent wrote:

It depends on the btu /lb. within the system and how many pounds per minute you cycle, which depends on the compressor displacement. Different manufacture's might use different compressors for identical capacity's which then may require different amounts. If it's a VFD type compressor, then it may have a receiver, which may hold some excess refrigerant over and above what a standard non-VFD might.
I'm not sure what you mean by typical - Mitsubishi, Sanyo Fujitsu, or solues. [Ok - I added the last one.]
--
Zyp

How long & what size is your line set???
geothermaljones

capacity in a

geothermaljones wrote:

My wife is the only one who 'sees' my lineset. I'm not telling. Besides, my gate doesn't swing that way.. :)
--
Zyp