Quartz Space Heater

Page 9 of 10
I own one.

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 23:55:06 -0500, "Solar Flare"

So you know why the vanes turn then?
What happens when you put it in the freezer?
Joe Fischer
Yeah, it turns due to the reflected photons (in theory since photons are on therom anyway). The spindle turns towards the black faces and away from the white ones in light.

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:01:17 -0500, "Solar Flare"

Sorry, that is incorrect, while it is possible to make a radiometer that turns from reflected photons like a solar sail is supposed to accelerate due to radiation pressure of reflected photons, the Crook's radiometer works because the black side gets warm and the gas press in the thing is low enough the mean free path is long enough to allow the molecules to bounce off the black side with more energy than they had before bouncing.

Wrong, if you would have tried it in the freezer, it will turn towards the black faces and away from the white ones in the dark for a little while until the vanes cool off.
But in light, it turns toward the white faces due to the black side heating the gas molecules.
All you have to do is LOOK, and PAY ATTENTION, instead of just assuming, and that gives you first hand knowledge that will help more than reading books.
Joe Fischer
Obviously you are just a troll (we already knew that) or just plain stupid enough to lie about it.

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:36:09 -0500, "Solar Flare"

Obviously you are too stupid and egotistical to take just a second and LOOK at it (and apologize).
Joe Fischer
Hi Solar;
Solar Flare wrote:
> Yeah, it turns due to the reflected photons (in > theory since photons are on theorem anyway).
In theory yes, if the vacuum is total as in space.
> The spindle turns towards the black faces and > away from the white ones in light.
However, the standard Crooks Radiometer has a partial vacuum. The vanes turn much faster than if there was a total vacuum and they advance away from the black side. The black side is hotter than the white or silvered side. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer#Thermodynamic_explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crookes_radiometer#Explanations_for_the_force_on_the_vanes
Duane
--
Home of the $35 Solar Tracker Receiver
http://www.redrok.com/led3xassm.htm [*]

Solar Flare wrote:

I hope you're kidding. Of course sound energy converts to heat, too.

Perhaps it is you who should go back to school.

The magic word "convert"
Now you were saying about light is heat is sound is vibration is friction is kinetic is power?
How many pizzas in a BTU/hr?

posted for all of us...

"Mike" wrote:

dude, you need a beach-babe-hottie.
now if you had one or two of those, you wouldn't need no steenking quartz heater.
Mike wrote:

The question would be...
What's a regular heating system?
What may be considered regular to you, is abnormal to someone in another location.

Camel dung..

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

posted for all of us...

Snap Whipcrack.............. wrote:

It heats the whole 3000 sq.ft. house instead of the 250 sq.ft. bedroom.
Heat the bedroom from a heater in the living room?

But what's regular?
Fuel type... Gas, Oil, Electric, Kerosene, Waste Oil, Wood, Corn, Wood pellets???
What type of heat? Forced Air, Hydronic, Heat Pump (Geo or Air source), Radiant, Convection, etc???
Which is regular?
Regular is like saying NORMAL. What's normal?