Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced

A couple minutes ago, I got a call from a man I know from church. He said a company came out to do the annual AC check over. They say that the system had all the freon leaked out, and the system is shot. They want to replace the entire system.

He knows I do some refrigeration work, and wants me to come out Saturday and look over the system, and see what I find. Wants to know if I am qualified to replace the entire system if it needs it.

Yes, I'll go out Saturday and have a look see. And yes, I can replace it if needed. I am now taking entries for what I will find as the real problem, or if I will find any real problems.

I'll let you all know on Saturday evening, after I get back from the job.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The freon did not leak out.

It was stolen.

Church A/C units in the USA are prime targets for theft. I'm surprised they didn't steal the entire unit for scrap value, but stealing the freon is probably more lucrative.

And no, it's not shot. But HVAC industry is full of criminals that want to sell you a new system when the real problem is you need to change the air filter.

Reply to
HomeGuy