Peerless boiler "insulation problem"

I have a relatively new 6 year old PEERLESS boiler that almost set my house on FIRE. Seems the insulation that surrounds the burners crumbled and fell on the burners diverting the flame down and sideways. Luckily nothing flammable was behind or to the side of the boiler.
Anyone else have this problem. The plumber pulled out a 1/2 bag of insulation that had disintegrated.
Peerless either knows that it happens or doesn't care. No one from Peerless was interested in "Why" it happened I.E. what was the cause? It been a month and nothing.
Anyone else have a this problem. The boiler is MI5.
"Fred @optonline.net>" <biersf<xxx> wrote in message

In addition to everything everybody else said, be prepared to have to drill out and replace at least one of those bolts that will probably break when you try to unscrew them to remove the domestic water coil. That's why nooner referred you to the anti seize product you should use on the new bolts when you put them in.
This not a fun job and if you are going to do it yourself, this is not the best time of the year to have your boiler disassembled and unable to put back together in a timely manner.
On the other hand if you enjoy complete frustration, this will be an enjoyable job. Piece o' cake.
Make sure you are likkered up when you do this, as it helps you laugh at yourself.
hmm...... reply posted to the wrong message. blame it on the likker agin.

Next time, tell the likker to wait till you finish posting, then resume afterwards.

it's all enjoyment one way or another; hic
got a real early start for new year's eve. . The premature failure of his chamber may have been due to no maintenance or the (oil) flame impinging on the chamber- maintenance done by a none pro. Man, my head still hurts
vador, like darth?

oops. MI series is gas. what I said is just plain dim (maybe)