Paul Milligan, founder of alt.hvac

I haven't been around for awhile, I used to post a lot here in the late nineties. Anyone know what happened to the founder of this group?
It seems that no one knows I remember his posting that he is no longer going be posting reason "Unknown" me and him did not see eye to eye but I still like his controversial comments. SORRY
"hvacmam" wrote in message
I haven't been around for awhile, I used to post a lot here in the late nineties. Anyone know what happened to the founder of this group?
On 3/20/2016 12:02 PM, hvacmam wrote:

????
"PaxPerPoten" wrote in message
On 3/20/2016 12:02 PM, hvacmam wrote:

????
On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 9:47:39 PM UTC-4, Tony944 wrote:

Um.. no.
http://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/paul-j-milligan/raleigh-nc/6de849b122
On 3/25/2016 7:44 AM, ftwhd wrote:

Paul Milligan is dead and gone. See Vicki for details. Are you still doing Sturgis?

On 3/26/2016 9:07 AM, ftwhd wrote:

And I thought you two were soulmates.. ;-)

On 3/25/2016 8:44 AM, ftwhd wrote:

Interesting info on Paul.
I tried the search box, which doesn't seem to be working today.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/26/2016 9:02 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Obviously you are not either!
"ftwhd" wrote in message <DIV>&gt; </DIV> <DIV>&gt; On 3/20/2016 12:02 PM, hvacmam wrote:</DIV> <DIV>&gt; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I haven't been around for = awhile, I used to post a lot here in the </DIV> <DIV>&gt; &gt; late nineties. Anyone know what happened to the founder = of this group?</DIV> <DIV>&gt; &gt;</DIV> <DIV>&gt; </DIV> <DIV>&gt; ????</DIV> <DIV>&gt; </DIV> <DIV>&gt; -- </DIV> <DIV>&gt; It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made = to guard</DIV> <DIV>&gt; the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are = men in all</DIV> <DIV>&gt; ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They = promise to</DIV> <DIV>&gt; be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel = Webster</DIV> <DIV>&gt; </DIV> <DIV>&gt; Paul is now CEO of Nylander and Associates Co.</DIV> <DIV>&gt; and lives in Santa Ana California</DIV> <DIV>&gt; From Costa Mesa, California</DIV> <DIV>&gt; </DIV> <DIV>&gt; Married Sarah Marie Cole Milligan in 2005</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Um.. no.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>http://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/paul-j-milligan/raleigh-nc/6de849= b122</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=4><STRONG>https://www.facebook.com/paul.milligan.967?fref=ts </ST= RONG></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 11:28:49 AM UTC-5, Tony944 wrote:

Uhhh-- pretty sure that is a different Paul Milligan
He was one of the original geeks who acted tuff behind the keys. He had a l ot of useful knowledge but was a JO. Once HVAC-Talk was started everyone le ft his group. Yes there were good people there trying to share their knowl edge and learn from others. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 19:42:41 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I was told that he came from NYC Originally. Someone wrote to tell me he passed away. At the time there was more concentration on criticizing techs than helping them. This group began to die.
Found this article of 4 months ago:
which appears to be a report of a DWLR (Driving While License Revoked) and appears to have nothing to do with his death. Another post from the archives said:
http://atlaspublicrecords.com/name/paul-j-milligan/raleigh-nc/6de849b122
which indicates Paul was now living in California with his wife. Could be another Paul Milligan?
On a personal note, I came into the trade as an apprentice in NYC in 1967. I retired while working in Denver Colorado in 2007, (forty years later) so I am qualified to have noticed how the trade went from honerable to dishonorable. Far too much criticism and defense that too many were looking for "Free Help". In 40 years, I've only met two other techs that knew the proper way to charge a unit. I was up on the roof of a temp building one day and after repairing a leak, I was charging the R-22 system when another tech came up the ladder behind me and almost scared the wits out of me yelling "68 lbs!" I went the through the process I had learned when that older tech muttered "That God Dam Larry" meaning another tech told him the charge target was 68 lbs. This is how information gets around. I've worked with Plumbers, Electricians, Iron Workers (All the other trades) and never found such disrespect for one another as I found in our own trade and I have to admit that after a few arguments from the miss-informed, I ceased trying to educate. During one of my short periods on the bench, I went to a tech school in SE Denver and the man who interviewed me saw through my application as he said, "I'd love to have you here on the staff but I know you wouldn't stay. As soon as your union calls you, you'll drag me up and go back to union work. Well, that's where my bread and butter was coming from; I didn't try to talk my way out of that one. He was correct in his assessment of me.
On 8/6/2016 9:39 AM, snipped-for-privacy@icebox.net wrote:

They age is not what other records have listed, how about the address?
On 3/20/2016 1:02 PM, hvacmam wrote:

Can't say for total sure. On the edge of my memory, he chose suicide a couple years ago. You might try a google groups search on the matter. I remember his posting style was consistent: Abrasive, abusive, and insulting.
I do miss Turtle, he was polite, and helped me out more than a few times when I could not figure out a problem. He recognized I was a new tech, but honest and sincere.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, I do miss seeing those "This is Turtle" posts. He was always helpful and obviously knew a lot.
On 3/21/2016 4:26 PM, TomR wrote:

Not many posters now days know their trade, and willing to help others.
--
.
Christopher A. Young