Boulton and Paul window

How do I remove the movable part of the window ie the bit that opens and revolves ?

Reply to
Mrs S Murphy

Angle grinder?

briefcase sized atomic bomb?

Why do you want to remove it?

Reply to
Tjoepstil

Sledgehammer. If you want more practical advice it might be sensible to show us what type of window mechanism you have.

Reply to
tabbypurr

FFS that was at least a question about DIY. If you feel that strongly about people who do not post with a Usenet client why don't you do something useful like tell them how to install and use one?

Reply to
Robin

Is a style that Jeld-Wen (they've owned B&P for almost two decades) still make?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I half agree. But lots of hoh users have been informed about hoh & alternatives. I don't know of a single one that has done themselves a favour & set up something more sensible. People get fed up.

We'd all benefit from more folk joining, but again the stayers from hoh number I think 1 so far.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

B&P made windows for many years in many styles so it'd be best if you could put photos on one of the many sites for sharing them and then send links to the photos.

Reply to
Robin

I think it's possible to upload photos to HomeOwnersHub. :)

Reply to
GB

Good grief man, don't you realise that could be misunderstood to mean that a web-based front end could conceivably offer a benefit?

Reply to
Robin

I don't think "Tjoepstil" knows anything about DIY.

Or politics.

Or economics.

Or anything.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Does the whole unit revolve to allow you to clean the external glass from inside your house/flat ?.

If so (and above ground level) then extreme care is needed, the glazed unit will be very heavy, moreso if it is triple glazed.

The hinges will screw into each side of the glazed unit, but unless you have at least three people to do it, one each side to hold it while the other unscrews the hinges then don't attempt it.

The boulton and paul website used to have technical details of all their doors and windows for the benefit of architects, so you might want to investigate the construction details of the window for an answer.

Reply to
Andrew

It would be a very useful feature, but only after they fix their inability to quote posts they reply to.

Reply to
Fredxx