OT

78 more shopping days until hurricane season!! =)
FWIW, I am gonna use the old gas out of the drums and refill them with fresh, so I have fresh gas for the generator and trucks when the lights go out. Not gonna wait until the price of gas goes through the roof again.
I thought they had laws against price gouging? So, when the danger and demand goes up, the gas stations just shut down instead of of incurring all that extra risk. Right after a storm, when the power is off. Folks are desperate for gas for their generator, but the government says they can't charge extra. No incentive, so the gas stations just stay closed. One more example of the nanny state trying to take care of us, with unintended consequences.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

true to a point..... but I am not gonna wait till the summer travel season for the gas prices to skyrocket. Gonna use up the old gas in the drums and cans, service the generator, and refill all the drums, cans, generator etc with fresh gas, so that when(not if) the storms start coming, all I will have to worry about is topping off the trucks, and filling the water jugs. Already got plenty of food and necessities in the pantrys. All of the radios and antennas (including spares) have been checked and are fully funtional. My stock of spare parts that I carry on the trucks are up to where they need to be, as well as the extra spares in the shop.
I figure that when we get another storm come through, I will end up with another housefull from my kids and their classmates.
I would rather have my ducks in a row as a "planned project", as opposed to "crisis management". After Katrina I was without power for 10 days, and had a house full of strays(kids, ex wife, etc). Had a housefull of kids for Ike also.
I'm much the same way. Some things are predictable, like the late March snow storm in NY state. Did you charge lodging fees, for the relatives who came to stay with you?
The longest I've been without power, was four days, in the 1993 ice storm. Trailers get plenty cold, in that time. Second or third day, I took my 10,000 BTU kerosene heater into the bedroom with me. Closed the door, and still froze butt. Last day before the power came on, I wired my generator into the furnace. I had no way to know the power was coming back. Generator and furnace is a good way to heat.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<<<SNIP>>>
So THAT'S what happened to you! (slaps forehead) Run kerosene heater in bedroom + breathe fumes = brain damage.
--
Religion is the dreadful realization that someone, somewhere is having fun.

Soooooo, if you dont have all the spare gas, parts, pantry full of food and all the other nececssities all stocked up then: Maybe your ex wife and all those kiddies wont want to hang out? Hmmmm, what would I do??? :-) Bubba

Just wear the magic underwear and get some more wives.

The kids and their class mates are a blast, and I wish they would come visit more often..... the ex-wife OTOH.......
Some folks find teenagers entertaining, others find them a PIA. Glad you found some compatible people.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Just another good reason to reinstate states rights big time.

Like wolves who have tasted blood. Politicians who have been in control, don't want to give up.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus