neutral and ground

i have a 40 year old panel with 3 hot wires. the panel is 480 volt with no neutral and ground. what do i have to do. can i run a neutral from another box?

Your best bet is to call a licensed electrician.

When do know you've taken on a job that you're not qualified for?.....
When you ask a question like the one you've just asked. If you truly understood what 480 volts and "3 hot wires" were, you would have answered your own question.
-zero

480 volt 3 phase Delta? Need a transformer delta primary Wye secondary with Neutral. More important, you need a licensed electrician. No ground? no legal, mistah
you need the neutral for 277 volt lighting?

Get more life insurance.

or a firetruck....

"Send more paramedics"
A prize to anyone who can name the movie this line comes from.

I thought the line was "Somebody call a Veterinarian!!" Oh wait... that was from police Acadamy......never mind :p

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Wrong!

......The Return Of The Living Dead!
http://www.moviequotes.com/fullquote.cgi?qnumv465
(Well.. this is what happens with no contest rules. :o) )
-zero

You WIN!!!
And the prize is.... And all expense paid (by you) trip to see Stormy. Yes, you will travel 3rd class with Stormy as he performs 'service' to both his customers!
YOU will see Stormy in action and get valuable service tips that will last you for the rest of your life! (15 minutes)
There IS a nominal fee for this. Send cash only.
posted for all of us...

What box???? Cardboard? Tissue? Tampon? Gift? Shoe? Lock? Safety deposit?
Well, I'm neutral but tend to stay grounded.
What kind of panel? Plywood? Knotty pine? If the wires are hot you better cool them off before your "wife" finds out.