Need Help With Web Site

Hey all, I just started a web site with a forum for homeowners to ask questions about their systems. I need techs to help answer questions on the board. If you'd like to help shoot me an email at webmasteratthehvacmedic.com Paul will compensate you with minion bonus points for doing so, just kidding, he has nothing to do with the site.
thanks.
Sounds good. Sign me up.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:28:09 -0800, Al Moran wrote:

You dinwit. Why the hell would we be answering questions for free on your board when we get paid to do it? Have you been smoking crack again, Al? Oh, that's right. You have all our PayPal accounts and you are filling them for us? Bubba

Hey thanks Bubba for not calling a moron a DIMwit, cause that's my name.

not "DIMwit" as is your name. I will try and refrain in the future as it is a bit close..........You DIMwit! Bubba :-)

Thanks, I needed that.

Did I read this right?
Anyway, you don't need anyone else, you have stormy giving all the correct answers for you.
Al wrote:

I guess Im missing something here. For someone who has had nothing but BS smart ass repies to legit questions here, suddenly you want to help in another fourm? Take your new site and shove it Al.

Amen to that!
Unbelievable; maybe stormy converted him, or maybe its an ambush?
Bob

Exactly! This is the same asshole who was slamming me for telling Dildo to stfu. Maybe between Dildo and Stormy, they can advise homeowners how to change their filters! (although Dildo confuses them with "cupassitters".) ROTFLMAO!!!!
--
Respectfully, Bob

You guys are harsh as usual. Ask me if I care. Those of you that run your own business, think about this:
User ask question, problem may be x, y or z. You try to help, maybe it's fixed, maybe it's not. If person is in your service area then what is wrong with actually putting eyes on the system and making some money.
As far a not helping here, that seems to be the general consensus here, not to help homeowners with their problems. It sure is fun to bust their chops though when you have to put up with some of the stupid shit they do when you are on an actual service call.
Like today for instance. Landscaper digging hole for trees and cuts freon lines that are buried 5 feet deep ( and of course they cut lines exactly where they are the deepest in the ground ) because the homeowners association says they cannot be visible. Only way to fix them is to tear up the ladies entire 30 x 5 brick garden, dig out entire lineset and abs pipe it is in and replace.Not to mention filter dryer, vacuum and recharge.
Quote 2200.00, homeowner goes ballistic. Not my problem I say. Talk to the homeowners association and see if you can talk them into letting you run a new lineset across the wall and cover it with sheet metal or moving the condenser to the spot where the lineset goes into the wall.
HO so scared of association she won't even consider it. Wants me to fix line and cover it with dirt. Can't do it because the line will be exposed to elements where abs was and once you put 5 feet of dirt on it, it's gonna kink for sure I say.
Tell homeowner the real solution is to replace entire system, drill holes in brick garden, install lineset in new piece of abs and bill landscaper. Before I tell her I am joking she says when can someone come out and give quote. Go figure. Someone is going out to give quote tonight. I'd sure like to be there when the landscaper gets the bill!
Getting off of soap box now.
Al Moran wrote

Ya, well, frankly Scarlet!!..... You come in here bashing guys who have been a part of this group for years, then you ask for our help???!!!! Go fukinzy self!
--
Respectfully, Bob

<Al Moran> wrote in message

Well Al, sometimes this group is like a lynch mob and you just get caught up in the momentum of throwing stones at all passersby (home owners). You have cast some rocks at the trades people here too.
Maybe you have found the good part of you that really wants to help.
Nah, I don't think so. Now you prove me wrong.
Bob
Thats a cute story Al. Now, let's turn it around just a bit and see how this one fits your style. Let's just say that Al lives in the town of "Po-Dunk". In the town of "Po-Dunk" lives 4 retired hvac guys. All of their wives have died. Their is no night life in town,their bodies are all broken down from the endless hours of being in attics and crawl spaces carrying heavy equipment. These guys have nothing to do all day long except play on the computer. They join in at alt.hvac, hvac-talk, and every other group on the internet and answer hvac questions for free ALL DAY LONG! They love to do it for free because it passes the time. One guy was even smart enough that he started his own internet business. He sells A/C's, furnaces, heat pumps, thermostats, do-it-yourself CD's and every other hvac product dirt cheap. Why so cheap? Because he is doing it for the fun of it and to pass the time away. Now lets look back over at Al's house in Po-Dunk and watch him licking the window, drooling and playing solitaire because no one is calling him for work with all the retired guys doing it for free. Bubba
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:13:56 -0800, Al Moran wrote:

<Al Moran> wrote in message

Yeah, every homegrowner posts their phone number for help...... AND their addresses so we can just drive right over and make some money fixing it.
No worthy of any more comments about this post. I can see it now, Marc taking a boat over to fix a unit to help save a homegrowner.
Do something constructive, surgery of any kind costs more, constantly, Start up a web site so Doctors can tell their patients how to do it themselves.