Mod 322 from The Singer Company

I have a refrigeration machine simulator Mod 322 from The Singer Company.

Nice piece of equipment.

I can't find this company in web (apart from sewing machines company having similar name).

Anyone knows about the company?

I am looking after a diagram of the machine.

Thanks H. Martins

Reply to
H. Martins

What museum is it going into??

Reply to
Noon-Air

I never came across one are you sure that all of unit was made by singer are just the parts

Reply to
Old & Grumpy

Well, there was a loose potentiometer that resulted in a broken wire.

After soldering the wire, it seems to be working perfectly.

Anyway, we would like to have another simulator.

Any suggestions?

Thanks H. Martins

Reply to
H. Martins

Build one

Reply to
Noon-Air

Years ago someone bought the Singer Sewing Machine company & used the fine name on a bunch of junk... The sewing machine quality fell off as well, kind of like Schwinn Bicycles & McCullough Chain Saws. The Singer name was used on a bunch of HVAC eqpt. Up to about 10 yrs ago I'd run into older (70's early 80's) Singer water source heat pumps. Low to mid range quality at best. Most have been replaced by now I'm sure. They were later bought out by another mfgr, Freidrich rings a bell, and I'm pretty sure they were, in turn, bought out by another...

goodluck geothermaljones

Reply to
geothermaljones

Not trying to defend Singer, but I have to say:

Back when I did commercial work, there wer two strip malls (just outside DC) that had Singer package units on the roof. Mid-70's era stuff but I have to tell you: Those things were built like tanks. NEVER had any problems with them except an occaisional blown fuse (after a power surge). Since that time, I have run into a dozen or so Singer oil-fired forced air furnaces. Speaking of TANKS! If anyone knows anything about the quality of Thermopride equipment, you know they are tanks also, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were one in the same (in other words, maybe Thermopride made the Singer units).

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab