Lennox condensor / system question...

Not being a Lennox dealer, I would like to know if the 10ACB60/-11P condensor is an entry level unit? The Serial starts with 5801E****...making it an 2001. This condensor runs really high head with a 22° TD....the condensor coil is really small. When I first walked up to it, I would have sworn that is was a 3-ton. Thannks JB

No I.m not a homemoaner

Reply to
daytona

What's the suction pressure & superheat, the discharge pressure & subcooling, and the refrigerant. Then maybe someone could tell ya you should clean the condenser coil.

Reply to
Zephyr

daytona wrote: snip

You are a home owner. But that don't make you bad, There are lots of homeowner. All the posters here are homeowners. No homeless here.

Reply to
Jim

Yes, the ACB is/was Lummox's builder unit. Noisy compressor and the condenser fan is loud. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

was cleaned with Calclean

Reply to
daytona

Thanks Bubba You gave me the answer I was looking for........you hit the nail right on the head. That's why I asked here....so maybe a Lennox dealer would come clean

Reply to
daytona

After you cleaned it did you wave your hand over the top to check the air flow?

It should be blowing pretty much straight up evenly spread across the blade opening.

If the air feels like it blowing out from around the outer edges then the coil is still dirty.

Is it possible this lennox is like many others and the condenser is a slab coil. Two slab coils in fact. If so you need to disassemble the condinsing unit and seperate the coil halfs. Then wash them again. Use that Nu-Calgon Nu-Brite coil cleaner. Wear gloves and saftey glasses. Then re-check the air flow for improvement.

If a dirty coil isnt the problem Id look at an overcharge. I feel silly as hell typing out basic shit like this. But f*ck it, ill do it anyway. :)

Do you feel as silly asking after all the years youve been a tech? I mean what can possibly be so hard about figuring out a high head pressure problem.

You said you had a 22 TD across a coil but you didnt say which one.

What does the grade of equipment have to do with a system problem anyway?

Reply to
Power's Mechanical