how to base superheat

Page 1 of 3
Does anyone out there know how to base superheat on 150ft+ line set?
There is no real true settings for superheat, you as tech must find what is best for your type of condition you are working on. example while 10 degree of superheat may be ideal for AC system with 25 feet line it might not be for 150 feet, you need to know what is more important to you efficiency of your system or life of compressor don't forget that compressor gets cooling from gas coming back to it, some time compromised got to be taking, but if compressor can not stay cool then suction liquid injection must be added, it all depend on you application ideal superheat is always around 10-20 degree however it should never be less then 10. Tony www.cas-environ.com

You are so full-of-shit, it isn't funny.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Jesus Tony! I can't belive you said what you said [albeit I could only read the first few sentences cause everytime I try to sipher your shit - I get a headache!]
--
Zyp

better yours then mine tony

The reason for asking this question is I'm working on a high rise building that the engineer designed and that is why it requires a 150 ft to 200ft line. Also consider putting 10 SEER units adding accumulator and a TXV.

OK, so.....why not run an air cooled package chiller and some fan coil units??? or does that make too much sense??

Why not contact the manufacture's technical reps and ask them what they require?
Have you ever dealt with SL traps, LL solenoid, etc?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Do you understand the pipe sizing? Sounds like you're guessing. What is located where? Compressor at evaporator? Tonnage? Refrigerant?
Here's something to chew on. You might want to talk to someone local.
http://www.trane.com/commercial/library/vol274/en274.pdf
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Really? And you're asking for advice on superheat? ;)
--
Zyp

"some time compromised got to be taking"
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Superheat is superheat. Length of lineset doesn't change the math.
U-Hate-Me wrote:

Truth be told, you have to take into account the *pressure loss* the extra line length presents. If there is an increase in the suction line to overcome line loss, you might be restricting the oil return process. [Suction return velocity.] Most aren't aware of this excpet Paul... :)
Lenghty suction lines should be avoided, but, if you must know, after the first 50 feet, you should expect pressure loss. [And capacity loss.] The best method would be to measure the suction line temperature and pressure at the evaportor, [using an adaptor on the TXV equilizer tube] then perform the same process at the outdoor unit [condenser]. You'll discover the pressure and temperature differences. [In the case of a fixed metereing device - you are out of luck.] Understand that depending on the route the suction line takes, there will be some increase in suction temperature as well.
Asking this question means you should seek some additional education from your local community college or the manufacture of the equipment you sell.
--
Zyp

Yes...Paul is my personal hero.
The fact remains, however, that superheat is superheat.
It doesn't give a shit about linesets, desuperheaters, hot gas by-pass feeds or anything else.
PS- I'm a reprobate
U-Hate-Me wrote:

Maybe not, but believe me, the compressor's gonna care! LOL
--
Zyp

U-Hate-Me wrote:

I just got done masticating!
Didn't President Clinton get his intern to masticate him?
--

Christopher A. Young
(Using backup computer. In a couple

Then the superheat calculation would now become subcooling. :-)

comply with refrigeration suggested formulas and you might find that are some far out of suggested superheats as for my line of work superheats can vary from 5 to 150 degrees but that is another story. what's important in superheat that you keep compressor happy rest of it is all secondary Tony