Great Idea: Rate-a-Pro

Okay, I've got this idea and since I don't have the time right now to do it, perhaps someone else will:
There are websites for reviews of all kinds of things--audio, automobile, etc. How about a site of some kind where people can rate/review a trades pro? Obviously, the certificates don't really tell us what we want to know--is he honest or not? Does he/she work in your best interest or not? How was your experience? etc. If it was done in a respectful way (with the goal of celebrating the good guys), it may actually be a legit resource... like the Consumer Reports of pros... all we need is a flashy name ("Rate-A-Pro") or ("Pro-Rater") or something and a system where respondants must submit proper ID info to avoid bogus stories. Any takers?
Peace, Dan
dantheman wrote:

http://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList /
About fifty bucks a year for membership. That could be easily worth it, if you avoid ONE bad contractor.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Hopefully, your name is on the list...

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Good site... too bad we can't get one with a real catchy, obvious name.. a "Home Depot" or "Pizza Pizza" of sites... like "Good Pros.com" or something...
Peace, Dan
dantheman wrote:

www.judysbook.com
reviews of local businesses all over the usa, by consumers.
--
"you CANNOT deliver pizza in a car with a broken transmission, but you
CAN deliver pizza in a car with no air conditioning"