Great Idea: Rate-a-Pro

Okay, I've got this idea and since I don't have the time right now to do it, perhaps someone else will:

There are websites for reviews of all kinds of things--audio, automobile, etc. How about a site of some kind where people can rate/review a trades pro? Obviously, the certificates don't really tell us what we want to know--is he honest or not? Does he/she work in your best interest or not? How was your experience? etc. If it was done in a respectful way (with the goal of celebrating the good guys), it may actually be a legit resource... like the Consumer Reports of pros... all we need is a flashy name ("Rate-A-Pro") or ("Pro-Rater") or something and a system where respondants must submit proper ID info to avoid bogus stories. Any takers?

Peace, Dan

Reply to
dantheman

thrugoodmarshall

About fifty bucks a year for membership. That could be easily worth it, if you avoid ONE bad contractor.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

reviews of local businesses all over the usa, by consumers.

Reply to
Mark Hoffman

Hopefully, your name is on the list...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Good site... too bad we can't get one with a real catchy, obvious name.. a "Home Depot" or "Pizza Pizza" of sites... like "Good Pros.com" or something...

Peace, Dan

Reply to
dantheman