Fine egg crate grille material

I got a request from a customer for a "fine grille" on one soffit mounted vent over a counter-top/desk.
I showed him a sample of 1/2" x 1/2" aluminum return grille material, and he wants the holes about half that size.
Yeah... I told him about reduced air flow, etc, but this is all about cosmetics, and it's only one vent, not all of them.
I've dug around the web, and only found 1/2" cells and larger. Gem-Aire doesn't stock anything smaller.
Does anyone here know of a source for egg-crate style grille material in 1/4" openings? It could even be lighting grille material, cut to size. I can figure out the escutchion to hold it on the boot, but I'm not up to making a custom grille.
LLoyd

Does it have to be the egg-crate style?

Chicken wire is cheap

After all what came first.......................sorry i had to do it !
cheers, Paul

Honeycomb would probably be OK, too. The only smaller-cell honeycomb I can find is some RF shielding louvers with 1/8" holes. He might go for that, but I have to find a sample to show.
LLoyd

How large?
You can purchase 2' x 2' stamped grills.

Unless I read him wrong, he wants the same look as those honeycomb louvers on halogen lights. Not a flat grille, but something with "depth". It's all cosmetic; but hey... if he wants to spend the money having a custom grille made, who are we to argue. It sure won't be free. I've already got about two billable hours just searching for stuff on the web.
I did find a phenolic paper honeycomb that may work, if painted. It's the core material for aircraft interior bulkheads, and comes in 1/8", 1/4", 3/8" cell sizes -- up to 1" thick, too, so it might work as a directional control as well. Just gotta get a sample. I think the phenolic resin along with some paint will withstand what little moisture it might be exposed to.
LLoyd

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=perforated+metal+sheets&btnG=Google+Sea rch