Dumb question Aquastat

Looks like the majority of them are Honeywell made.
Situation: Baseboard heated via recirculated hot water heated by nat gas.
Think mine has decided to stop working correctly. At first I could "jiggle" a wire and it would cycle on. Now, no cycling. I know I am geting power, I know I am getting the water to circulate, but the thermostat/transformer thing seems to be the problem...
Honeywell makes a few different models with the main difference being transformer amperage rating?
The one that is on there is the 8148E 40va. If I go to Grainger, Ferguson, or the HVAC guy (you know, those who read this tripe) it appears I am looking at 3 to 4 bills.
Any suggestions as to why after 4 years it would fritz out? And, would the difference 10va up or down make a difference in my application?

Use 40VA or higher and you will be OK. If you could wiggle the wire and it would come on, sounds as if you have a bad connection or a broken wire. Could also be a sticking gas valve.

Bad part, googled my part about 150 bucks delivered. Very, very easy installation.

it means you have cut it down by 20%. On the other hand if requirements is 100 va then you have cut it down only 10%. Regardless if you need buck or boost the power it is not recommended exceeding 10 % even so, some time may not have effect on operation, if it is beyond 10%!