CSST or Flex connectors thru cabinet

Page 2 of 2
Vern Heiler wrote:

I agree. I have never used flex and never will for that kind of a hook up. The thickness makes no difference in flex such as tract pipe as many newer homes are completely gas plumbed with it. I have been cutting black pipe for a few decades and have no motivation to stop now. I would be delighted to show you pictures of a real lightning strike damage on all piping and wiring. And it certainly is more then a scorch mark. Tesla in 1907 used to set up targets to attract lightning in order to try and store it for future domestic usage. He had huge targets turned to cinder. Bottom line is that flex SST is legal and there are folks going to use it. Labor costs are low. The bottom line will rule as a fast job gets you to other jobs. Ummmm/ want to buy some lightning rods. Old barns used to have to replace the incinerated cabling from time to time along with a portion of the barn. That cable is a thick as your thumb and is a braided line. Not sure of what kind of metal content, but it was a little flexible.