commercial carbon monoxide detectors...

What a bitch trying to search for a commercial type CO detector. I need one to replace a unit that is defective in a Condo Building we maintain. The two that run the garage fans are made in Israel and con not locate any info on them. Does anyone have any name brands that might come to mind? Thanks JB

Try these folks: http://tinyurl.com/kmxef
Thanks Oscar....I do know how to do that and if you look closely...you an see that the search only comes up with squat....nada...zippo....all homemoaner equipment

a few years ago I had a job installing two such systems in an underground parking garage. I used detectors made by these guys to control the fans:
http://www.macurco.com/codetectors.html
very easy to setup & calibrate....
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

this is the one I used....
http://www.macurco.com/shcm21a.pdf
Thanks go fish. I did locate that site, but will look into the model you used. The other model I was looking at, seemed to use a controller board with remote sensors. The two that are in the building now are 120v and are in parallel to bring in a 120v contactor coil for the fans. The Macurco has 24v circuits. I guess the Assoc Board is going to have to dig deeper to get the circuits rewired and isolated or change both. Guess we were just looking for a replacement way out....but as life has it, it's no that simple anymore JB

"daytona" wrote:

my situation was that the existing 3 phase fans were controlled by a fused disconnect, like a Square D 321 NRB. So they were on 24/7.
I installed a 12x12 j-box next to the disco and wired in a 208/24 xfmr and 3 pole contactor which was controlled by the CO sensor. So yeah, a few xtra bux but then again, they got a top shelf sensor.
This system has Gray Box with a 30 minute timer....so for 3 minutes each 1/2 hr the fans runs for 3 minutes and then if the CO goes above the set point on the detectors the fans come and run until the detector gets below the safe range. Fans ON....intakes also OPEN One detector senses the north end of the garage and the other the south end

Daytona...
Looks like the unit needs 24 Vac or dc but will switch 5A on a dry relay. More than enough for a contactor.
Use one of those "piggyback" 120 x 24 v transformers that'll mount to a 4x4 and you're good to go....
I'd talk them into using the alarm contacts too.
Jake
I alos ran acroos a Valcain unit...wow....BIG BUCKS no wammy's