Central Air Question

I have a double wide Champion mobile home 960 sq ft. that is five years old. I recently purchased the home and it had a central air unit but the previous owner took it. I am now faced with replacing the central air unit. I am looking for some idea of a price to replace the unit, what model I need for a unit and cost of the unit and installation. Outside my home, there is a copper pipe and the wires that were hooked to the old unit.
Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
If there's still an air handler or "furnace" inside..a coil box coleman, intertherm or somesuch comes to mind--post the model# and someone here might help...
Though, probly better still to just cut to the chase scene and call in a couple two or three local hvac guys to come and look at your particular situation.
Replacement of straight AC with a heat pump might save you significant money in heating costs...( depending )...so concievably could even be the guy did you a favor here, long term.

On 2 Feb 2007 18:50:42 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

Just walk down the street and steal your neighbors A/C. Bubba
I am looking for some idea of a price to replace the unit, CY: Any where from $2,000 to $6,000
what model I need for a unit CY: One of the following. Miller, Goodman, American Standard, Trane, Luxaire, Penfob, Rheem, or Northern Whitstock. Whichever one sells the best in your community.
and cost of the unit and installation. CY: Any where from $500 to $5,500
Outside my home, there is a copper pipe and the wires that were hooked to the old unit. CY: Probably wide open, and the pipes are all full of water? Add about $400 to $1650 to the job, to run new copper and put in a new evporator.
Let us know if we can be any more assistance.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.