Can a gas valve be used for a HW heater drain?

Last night I noticed the drain valve on the bottom of my HW heater was leaking and no matter how many times I tried to tighten it or adjust it, it still leaked. The only part I had available was a 3/4" gas valve. I put it on and it worked. No leaks. Any concerns doing this?

Sorry, posted in wrong forum, but feel free to post opinions.
On this group, someone is sure to remind you that you don't heat hot water, it's already hot. So, you can have a water heater, but a hot water heater is redundant and repeats itself over and over again.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Might rust after awhile. some of the gas valves I've used have been steel. Others have been brass, and diecast.
Aside from rust, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Of course you wouldn't, you stupid, dummy fuck.
The gas valve being IPS and the drain being a hose fitting might lead to a problem for starters, you fucking slaptard.