brain fart....

In light of the trend of "going green", energy efficiency, and political correctness, I am going to change nomenclature on my dual fuel systems to *HYBRID* systems.
Funny thing about how just changing a word can make such a difference....like using "Seasonal Service" instead of tune-up, or clean & tune. It seems like with using the different nomenclature helps a lot with sales.
Anybody else have any thoughts??
--

Steve Nunes@ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------- hy·brid (hi'brid) n. 1) Genetics. The offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, especially the offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties, species, or races.
2) Something of mixed origin or composition. Something, such as a computer or power plant, having two kinds of components that produce the same or similar results.
3) A word whose elements are derived from different languages. ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't quite hit the mark IMO. How about Dual-Energy System for heatpump/strips and Bi-Fuel System for heatpump/gas/oil?
-zero
Add pictures here
βœ–

sure it does.... electric heat pump with gas furnace back-up.... same way the car manufacturers are making "Hybrid" cars... primarily electric with gas engine back-up. Its all about what the customer percieves.... "dual fuel" has been around for many years, as has vehicles that run on both gas and electric.... its just that it was kept quiet because nobody gave a rats ass about "going green" or energy efficiency.
Now that its being brought to the fore front, why not capitalize on it?? After all, its only gonna put money in your pocket.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I've had several people ask me about it the past couple of weeks. Must have been a report on the news or maybe a mention of it on one of the HGTV shows.
"Don't you have any of those new Hybrid Heat Pumps????"
http://www.residential.carrier.com/products/packaged/hybrid/index.shtml
Add pictures here
βœ–

Exactly!!! But I got the idea from seeing a bunch of new Hybrid cars on the streets :-)
If it works, then its only more money in our pockets!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Problem is you havent the techincal skill it takes to custom tweek a std baystat style kit so as to lock out fossil except on low outside ambient input sig--let alone the fact you dont even provide service a clime where those temps even exist in the dead of winter.
Sugest spend some fucking serious time making snowballs in Montana then get back to us.

βœ–

Yes
global warming and greenhouse gases yup whatever dude. Hype
But to be on the safe side suggest if your gonna burn somethin then burn corn or wood pellets.
Reason being at least those crops sequester a miniscule portion of the carbon that th e chinese3 liberate daily in the form of mined coal.
( Leaving oil extraction up to beaver )
= Dammit schnicked off 1/2 my finger nail playing chef and makin g chile tonite.
Nice cleaver SS I had made here in-house, easy to become lazy when accostumed to the import garbage.
Probly a $300.00 knife if it were purchased with EURO's
Maybe should send our tier #1 distributer a fucking fruitcake next holiday.

βœ–
Noon-Air wrote:

Hybrid - huh - never gave it that much thought although it might sell. Consumers will go for anything if they think it's environmental.
--
Zyp

Add pictures here
βœ–

Instead of selling bullshit. How about you learn to do a quality install you are always yammering about. Tell us you stopped using flex in your installs.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Its painfully obvious that you have never seen my work. Unless you want to come see for yourself *FIRST HAND* what I do and how I do it, you need to STFU.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You posted pictures before. We've seen your work. Obviously you are still using flex. Now you can put a sock in it "quality boy". Tell us what duct design static you use. That should be good for another laugh.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sorry sport... never used flex, let alone posted pics of flex on a job....unless it was something that I ripped out and replaced with tin.
Like I said... You got no place to run your mouth unless you have actually *SEEN* first hand the work I do. Come on down... I would be more than happy to show you first hand. ...... now either carry you butt down here, or STFU
Add pictures here
βœ–

If your work is the quality you constantly brag about. Post your static. I'm sure your job pictures are over at hvac-talk somewhere.
I think you're all bullshit and sales. Is that why you never answer a direct technical question?
Add pictures here
βœ–

In a perfect world I design for .5"WC.... but we don't live in a perfect world, do we. Now.... are you just gonna continue to try to stir shit on here??
Time to put up or shut up.
I have a change-out scheduled for tomorrow and Friday.... are you gonna come down to observe first hand?? or are you gonna keep talking out your ass??
When are you gonna be here??? I leave out around 8AM... either be there or STFU.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You aren't fooling anyone. I said duct static. Afraid to post what you use?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Are you gonna be here in the morning??? Then you can measure for youself.
Time to put up or shut up.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Figures you would be too chicken shit to post it. Again. Or were you going to drive up and deliver the answer in person? lol
Think enough time has elapsed for you to find the answer? It must be a super secret sauce type answer eh noonie. Or would it show you up as another bullshit artist.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That would be *ME* now, though I don't BS.
I call Nooney if I need any technical answers....
Add pictures here
βœ–

Reduce your CARBON FOOTPRINT by installing our ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLIER , BIFUEL , HYBRID, heating systems powered by WATER generated HYDRO-ELECTRICITY and incorporating PHASE CHANGING PURON REFRIGERANT producing efficiencies up to 300%.(on a warm day).
Add pictures here
βœ–

Your only getting a COP of 3 on a warm day? You should be getting that at around 35dF with a decent heat pump... On a warm day you should far higher...
"Seasonal Service" & "Hybrid" = Lipstick "tune-up, or clean & tune" & "dual fuel" = Pig
goodluck geothermaljones st.paul,mn.
Add pictures here
βœ–