American Standard Air Handlers

Anybody have any experience using AS A/Hs in a Hydro-Air set up? My contractor says he'll use an A/H air handler and a seperate coil for the hydro/ Was your experience positive -- or is this patch job?
My first contractor spec'd a First Co. A/H. which is an all-in-one unit.
Kunta Kinte wrote:

Provding he uses Manual D to design the correct static. It is my understanding that Hydro should be matched to A/H that have 2" w.c. static. [Using smaller duct systems.]
First Company coils are at most an 'economy' coil and can only handle less than 1" w.c. static [which is standard for most residential systems.]
I have limited experience with hydronic heating coils.
- Zyp
Thanks. that gives me something to chew on. So they should be matched is paramount And then, anything above 1" is desirable? B

Kunta Kinte wrote:

I would contact the manufacturer and see what [if any] recommended combinations they attribute to.
--
Zyp

AS/Trane has matching water coils for their equipment. MAke sure you have the proper load and properly sized ducts. This a great setup. What kind of boiler are you feeding the coils with and which SEER AS equipment
--
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (home)