American Standard Air Handlers

Anybody have any experience using AS A/Hs in a Hydro-Air set up? My contractor says he'll use an A/H air handler and a seperate coil for the hydro/ Was your experience positive -- or is this patch job?

My first contractor spec'd a First Co. A/H. which is an all-in-one unit.

Reply to
Kunta Kinte

Provding he uses Manual D to design the correct static. It is my understanding that Hydro should be matched to A/H that have 2" w.c. static. [Using smaller duct systems.]

First Company coils are at most an 'economy' coil and can only handle less than 1" w.c. static [which is standard for most residential systems.]

I have limited experience with hydronic heating coils.

- Zyp

Reply to
Zyp

Thanks. that gives me something to chew on. So they should be matched is paramount And then, anything above 1" is desirable? B

Reply to
Kunta Kinte

I would contact the manufacturer and see what [if any] recommended combinations they attribute to.

Reply to
Zyp

AS/Trane has matching water coils for their equipment. MAke sure you have the proper load and properly sized ducts. This a great setup. What kind of boiler are you feeding the coils with and which SEER AS equipment

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo