Amana 4 ton condenser blower motor

Page 2 of 2

Are you banging the counter girl again? Sorry Jake. That was just too easy. :-) Bubba

"Going to have to turn it off while I mow and trim around it from now on, there was a fair bit of grass debris in it."
or point the mower the other way ? LMAO

On Jul 11, 1:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@-insightbb.com (The Freon Cowboy) wrote:

attached. The string trimmer is a likely culprit too.
UPDATE - the old 4 ton condenser fan motor is still hitting the thermal overload and shutting down even after I oiled it up - I guess that's why they sell replacements, they don't last forever. :~(
Scott wrote:

    You beat me to the punch, I was going to say that such temporary repairs are just that. Temporary! Buy a motor. You can get one cheaper than the Granger one if you care to shop.

I have shopped quite a bit on-line, and cannot find a better deal. Grainger will have the motor tomorrow. Posters here don't seem to have a specific site they recommend, and not being in the trade/ licensed contractor limits my ability to source one cheaper. The OEM replacement at Grainger is $140. Not as many 1/4 horse, 830 rpm bottom shaft, 48Y frame motors as you might expect. Lots of 1050 rpm and 1/3 horse. Don't want to mix apples and oranges, also want a ball bearing motor instead of a cheap sleeve bearing job. My buddy may be able to get it a bit cheaper but by the time I hassle him, drive over there across town 35 miles, etc its about not worth it and I'd be hassling him, plus not sure he can easily do this either. I tried searching on hvac condenser motors and the on-line sites most of them wanted even more for the part - if they even had something close. My time is worth something too, so I'm throwing in the towel, plus I don't have to wait for mail over the weekend. My wife will also be off my ass too once its fixed, and can you really put a price on that ?? (LOL)

FWIW, in hostile environments (wet, hot, dusty) some sleeve bearing motors will hold up longer than ball bearing types. And they usually run more quietly and smoothly. Even sealed bearings will eventually get crap past their lip seals.
LLoyd

If you hadn't been such a cheap SOB, you would have had it fixed when the tech was there... no fuss, no muss. Now that you been hot for a freakin week, and the wife is on your ass, your still too cheap to drive across town to get a motor, yet your still screwing around on the internet, and still hot. Your a real piece of work.
Welcome to my killfile

Like I care????
serviceman did not have motor and would take 24 hours, and a $80 "delivery charge" for him to get it, then he had to schedule time to install it. No big deal, the 2nd floor unit is keeping the house fairly cool in meantime, I was exaggerating about the wife for entertainnment purposes.
Thanks for the motor link RE: FASCO - looks interesting.

Ever think it's because we purchase wholesale from distributors and not retail from a site on the web?
(The Freon Cowboy)

You mean Stormy was wrong?
Couldn't be... <g>