Worm question

When I was working by the pond today I noticed a worm(well I think it's a worm). But it wasn't your regular earthworm. It was VERY skinny and black. Like the size of a thick horsehair. I wouldn't have known it was a worm if it hadn't of been moving around like worms do. Anyone have any ideas what kind of worm it is, and if it's a bad one? I put it in an old coffee can with some wet dirt because if it was a bad worm, I don't want it 'contaminating' anything, and it's a good worm, I don't wanna kill it.

There are bad worms???

Medically speaking, yes. Though as I briefly mentioned, I'm not sure if what I found even was a worm, or something else in an early stage of its life cycle. I'm used to earthworms being kinda plump and pinkish/somewhat see-through, not this thin and black.
Lilah Morgan said:

This is probably a horsehair worm, a good-guy. They are parasites of grasshoppers, crickets, etc. Go ahead and put it back where you found it!
http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/inhsreports/mar-apr95/page4.html http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7471.html

*looks at picture*...yeah that looks like it. That's a relief, and explains why it was by the pond...now I'll just have to cover it with some dirt when I put it back so the chickens/geese don't eat it. Thank you.