Woolly Adelgid Problem Qu

FamilyNet Newsgate
RO>Live in New England, outside of Boston
RO>Have a question about Woolly Adelgid bugs and Hemlocks:
RO>Have a massive Hemlock in backyard that, for the first time I think, is RO>showing RO>several "leaves" on various branches which have turned an orange color.
RO>Looking at them closely, I can find no evidence of white spots, white sacks, RO>etc. RO>on either the tops or bottoms.
RO>Can anyone explain what might be happening ?
I can't Bob, but probably the folks in the Commwealth of Mass Agricultual Dept. can. Its been awhile since I have had to seek their assistance but I think the Waltham Field Station is probably still on Beaver Street, Watham, Ma. If you aren't familar with it, you can reach it by going northly on Beaver Street (less than 500'probably) from State Route 60 (which starts off of Route 20 in Waltham)
I would be inclined to take a small branch that had regular leaves, as well as some suspected leaves for their observation.
Ciao, Ack.
SLMR 2.1a Remember to vote early (and often 8-) James M. Curley

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail