hemlock woolly adelgid - Pesticides and/or Asian Lady Beetles

Hey group, Southern NY here. Yes my 100 ft row of hemlock hedges maybe 6.5 ft high, are afflicted. I noticed them declining last fall. And now that I know what the cause is, I can see that they are pretty bad, I don't want to lose them so I immeadiatley called 'Chem Lawn' to spray em.

Since then, I have also been looking into the Asian predator lady beetles and I figure for such a low natural cost its worth a shot. Maybe native beetles would help as well?

My question is to veterans of this problem. What did you do, how did it go, what would you do differently, did the beetles move in and eat your young....

Reply to
Ivanna Pee

making ahedge out of hemlock trees is very injurious to the trees.

By the time you noticed the decline it was already well established. Again the type of pruning a hedge recieves is very injurious for the trees.

See pruning.

far as pesticides:
Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Arborist
Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

I noticed them declining last fall. And now that

Reply to
symplastless