wild flowers

I have quite a large garden which is bordered by hedges. I want to plant wild flowers around the border and would like to know how to prepare ground.

At present the area is grass. I propose to apply weedkiller and then rotavate the area. Would this be the best thing to do?

Many thanks.

Newnzee

Reply to
newnzee

No, that would be the worst thing you could do to the soil.

Cover grass with newspaper. Cover the newspaper with mulch.

How were you planing on planting your flowers? They could be broadcast on the mulch after a couple of months, and followed up with a dusting of compost.

Reply to
Billy

Could rent a tiller machine.

Reply to
Nad R

What's wrong with you boy? You hit your head or sumthin'?

Reply to
Billy