--Where can I find Jacaranda Plants/Seeds -

Hello,

I am trying to find a fern like plant.. I believe it is called Jacaranda. I first saw it in Mexico in the San Luis Potosi State. No one seems to have heard of it in the states. I have also gone back to another region of Mexico and have asked about it and no one knew what I was talking about. Also would this plant be considered a tropical plant? Live in the Midwest and am wondering if I would need to bring it in during the winters. Would this plant be started as seedlings or cuttings?

Thanks,

Jeano

Reply to
jeano

----- Original Message ----- From: "jeano" Newsgroups: rec.gardens Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 12:01 AM Subject: --Where can I find Jacaranda Plants/Seeds -

Hi, If this is the plant you are looking for

it is a "ferny" looking tropical tree (Jacaranda mimosifolia) and won't do well in the Midwest. Seeds are available on Ebay. HTH -_- how no NEWS is good

Reply to
howNEWS

Google is your friend.

Reply to
Travis

I bought my seeds from Thompson and Morgan and

last

2000. The plants are now small trees.
Reply to
fvfernandezmd

X-No-Archive:yes

Where are you located? Full grown Jacaranda trees are beautiful - the entrance to the Jacaranda Country Club in Plantation Florida is lined with them and they are magnificent.

Reply to
JC

I unfortunaly live outside Chicago. I have a little greenhouse window. I am sure Jacaranda can not withstand the harsh climate. I didn"t realize jacarandas grew to be trees. The ones I saw were small. Now I am going to make it a point to visit Plantation Florida to see the Jacaranda trees. I have visited our local botanical gardens which have an indoor tropical display, but they did not have jacaranda trees as part of their plant collection. Thank you for the info on the country club.

jean

Reply to
jeano