--Where can I find Jacaranda Plants/Seeds -

Hello,
I am trying to find a fern like plant.. I believe it is called Jacaranda. I first saw it in Mexico in the San Luis Potosi State. No one seems to have heard of it in the states. I have also gone back to another region of Mexico and have asked about it and no one knew what I was talking about. Also would this plant be considered a tropical plant? Live in the Midwest and am wondering if I would need to bring it in during the winters. Would this plant be started as seedlings or cuttings?
Thanks,
Jeano