What's the name of the purple ground cover plant?

That's it, really. One often sees clumps of purple flowering plants close to the ground around this time. Can someone kindly tell me what they might be called?
Many thanks
Neil
--
Ennnceee

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:38:04 +0100, Ennnceee

Do you have picture link?

In coastal California it could be one of the Ice Plants.
--

09=ix

Any idea where you live?

Could you at least let us know what hemisphere you live in so we have some idea of what season these flowers are being produced in?

Stewart Robert Hinsley